the Rift

[PRIVATE] I think I got it.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

The realm of blackness that waits for me against the red stone of the Heart is an almost pleasant one, except for the odd belly swoop sensation; a bloom of images too clear to dreams meets me, almost as if a second me lives here, leading an entirely separate life from my own.  This second me is walking down mountain trails with Aelin, but he’s not resentful or timid of her wingtips as the brush against my sides.  There is a conversation being held that, while in this daze, was clear, each word easily recalled – though I couldn’t tell you what we talked about now, only that we both were happy. 

Occasionally, the world flashes white, blue, or russet, and I think of being some boy half dead in the desert.  Aelin’s laughter floats back in and the snow is cold against my hooves again.  I don’t know how long we walk.  I do know that I wish to go back when the dream world fades away, my electrical functions snapping back on.

The lucid mountains become the stark line of a red horizon, the blue brim rippling with golden light cast from a falling sun.  Behind the vision, the pain quickly chases, its teeth numerous, sharp, and driving.  The wind which kisses my exposed left side might as well be a wave of sand and salt driving into the oozing burns, making me almost thankful that I’m laying on my right.   I say almost because when I try to move, all the muscles in my back end seize up, feel like concrete being rattled around in tiny confines, gritty and stiff.

So I do what comes easiest, next.

I allow my body to flop limply back down, and unleash a long, pained moan, the tears of failure sharp and minimal in the corners of my shuttered golden eyes. 

Continuation of Oh I'll get someChance

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

@Gaucho @Aelin

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Is it because my life is ten shades of grey,
I pray all ten fade away.

Yes. The word was enough to make tears spring to her eyes, and her young face beam up at her papa. Lead the way. Aelin nodded and took a few steps away from her father's warm body to stretch her wings, eyeing the distance between her and Rikyn. Beating her wings and taking a running leap, within moments the dun girl was soaring over the rolling ways that separated her home from the main lands. Closing her eyes she allowed the winds to blow the weight from her shoulders - at least for a short time. The freedom of flight always allowed to to escape from whatever was troubling her that day, although all too soon she'd crossed the waters and the dry, fiery lands were laid out below her. Within moment Aelin spots the boy's dark figure crumpled to the ground, barely moving. Would he be glad to see her? Especially if he realised she was Gaucho's daughter.

A long pained moan reached her despite the distance between them. Rikyn. She sighed as she studied the ruined landscape around him, her small shadow rolled over the earth underneath her. The dark from of the boy she'd befriended laid as a crumpled heap on the ground. The memories of their time in the cave together sparked her memories, the way they'd argued then flew. Landing softly beside him, Aelin bent down and gently nuzzled his neck, trying to soothe him. The scent she'd inhaled once before filled her senses, it was so familiar she always felt better. "Rikyn..." Her whisper may be lost to the winds, her eyes study his crumpled frame. There was a plea and a question in her whisper. Why did you do this? Please, please be okay. The wounds are (as expected) gruesome, why had he gone and done something so stupid? He had to have realised this was the state he'd end up in. Tears threaten to break from her eyes, determinedly she blinks them away. Sniffling she moves so they come face to face, her gaze fixed upon his face.

Likely the appearance of Gaucho would scare him, so she attempted to block his view of her father. It would most likely be unsuccessful unless he kept his gaze on her and blocked out the rest of the world. "Look at me." Soft, gentle tones spoke only of her care for him - not the anger she felt at him attacking her homeland. At the moment nothing else really mattered. "Trust me," she breathed softly to him. Seeing him this way again...it was infuriating and heartbreaking. "You're going to be okay."

@Gaucho
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
And I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good
The Wildfire allowed himself to be lead by his second eldest daughter. He followed easily in her wake, his massive frame appearing on either sides of her much daintier and smaller one as he glided back in the direction that he had just come. At his side, Vorsa screeched her fury, though still came along willingly enough. She was not the type of creature to demand revenge from her bonded, but even her fairly altruistic nature was still too stung by Rikyn's recent attack. She was merely flying overhead, and they he, he... Mara hissed soothingly in Gaucho's antlers, waving a pale scaled tail towards the flying phoenix. Vorsa trilled a compliant note and then fell silent.

Gaucho landed lightly behind Aelin, though his massive and ever-burning wings did not fold next to his sides. His dark ears perked forward, listening at the sound of perceived familiarity between his child and the crumpled boy, and waited to see if the stallion was going to respond.

In his mind, Mara offered to paralyze the boy. The way he would heal, but perhaps he'd just pass out and sleep through the worst of his pain. Gaucho considered this, but then declined. He had told Aelin he would heal her friend, and despite his misgivings about the value of such, he had given her his word. Seeing the worried and caring look plastered across her elegant and beautiful features was all the decisiveness he would require.

"Be still." He grunted towards Rikyn, who looked as though he had no choice in obeying this instruction. Could the boy even make it to his feet? Gaucho wasn't so sure ...

Fire flared up higher on Gaucho's wings, and then suddenly surged forward as the mighty dun beat his appendages once. The flames raced towards the unicorn as they had done during their spar, only instead of flesh-melting heat, the flames were heatless. Instead, Gaucho's magic began to knit the boy's flesh back together, to rejuvenate burned skin, and heal torn and tired muscle.

The Wildfire's face was set into a a neutral mask as he finally folded his wings against his flanks. His dark eyes moved to Aelin, and he nodded his antlered skull. "If it up to Gaucho, you keep your injuries to remember this lesson. You have Aelin to thank for this."

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

A familiar voice is saying my name. It comes to me through the blur of pain, almost hard to discern, even harder to identify. It’s not until she’s almost on top of me, with that same panic in her voice as seems to always be there when we meet, that I know who she is. Slowly, I breathe in her sandy smell, the exhalation almost aggravated that she always sees me dying, never being awesome like I actually am.

Why does that bother me?

"Aelin?" I ask, like I don’t already know. The blood toxins coming from my seared flesh must be making me feel funny in the head. Everything is definitely full of spirals and sparkles. It’s too hard to get my eyes to stay open, so I let them fall shut again.

Look at me, she softly demands.

No, I think I tell her, currently laying in the Thistle Meadow of my mind. In reality, I don’t say anything, and am still semi-conscious on the stone of the Heart, drifting to and from the world of comfort I want to hide in, and the real one, that hurts.

Another set of hooves draws my eyes open again, a familiar smell rousing a tremor in my heart. I’d been so grateful when I’d woke up and he’d been gone.

I couldn’t fight him again, not like this. I can’t even get up. My muscles seize, my legs struggle to get me up off the ground.

‘You’re going to be okay,’ she’s still whispering, but she’s wrong. I’m not okay. I know that because my legs don’t do more than kick uselessly at stones which scatter, and my body drops heavily back down against the snowless earth.

‘Be still,’ says the voice of the Gaucho, but it’s not full of malevolence this time. It’s not exactly nice, either, but it does ease the clenched terror in my chest that he’s come back to kill me for stalking some weird guy. Unfortunately, the release of my fear also leads me to blacking out again, leaving me unavailable for the experience of his fire mending that which it had just maimed.

It’s probably a good thing. I might have screamed like a lady otherwise.

He’s saying something to me when I come to, and the pain is all but gone. A few sharp spots remain, and listening to his words, I can understand why. He’s made sure I won’t die, but he’s also made sure I won’t forget him, either. Blinking, I’m relieved to find that Aelin is in focus, rather than fading in and out of it, my gaze having been drawn to her as he’d mentioned her name.

I think he maybe wants me to say thanks, to him or her, maybe both.

The idea makes me want to puke. Instead, I roll over onto my belly, and then get up onto my hooves. I take a second to look over myself before I look at Aelin, not wanting to look at the big scary guy for more reasons than one. I’m left feeling very awkward and shaken, not knowing what to say, and wishing that, right at this very moment, the Time God would make me nobody again.

Please? I pray. I swear I’ll come by your shrine more.

He ignores me.

"Er, thanks," come my obviously heartfelt words (my ego screams and wails), because really, why should I thank someone for not leaving me mutilated? Seemed like giving appreciation to the wolves who didn’t manage to hunt you down. Still, I am thankful to Aelin, and, if I hadn’t considered her a friend before, I certainly do now.

Leaning closer to her, keeping one eye on Gaucho, I attempt my best to whisper in her ear while covering the movements of my mouth enough that he can’t read it (mother was too good at it for me to trust others couldn’t read lips too).

"They’re not gonna stand there forever right?" I ask in a muttered whisper (I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t understand a damn word). I ask because I wouldn’t mind getting to spend time with her again, maybe talking about how she knew I needed help, and why the Gaucho would do what a girl asked, anyway. I mean all three of them - his hostile bird, his snake, and his big, fire chucking ass.

It doesn’t cross my mind that maybe he’s a nice guy, that maybe he was just doing what he felt like he had to do to be a good leader. I think there are obvious reasons for this prejudice, and though he’s healed me, he clearly didn’t want to. He made sure to say it, even.

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

@Aelin

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Is it because my life is ten shades of grey,
I pray all ten fade away.

His breaths seemed painfully slow, as he draws each one in she cringes slightly. Her own breaths were shorter, harsher. Her concerned eyes study him, she knew that this was his own fault. He'd tried to steal from her family. He had tried to hurt someone under her fathers protection and yet she couldn't shake the upset. The need to make sure he got better. After all, he was her friend and she didn't survive a snowstorm for him to give up his grasp on life now. There was no blame on her father, in fact she still intended to have words with him the moment he felt better. It was strange but for some reason she felt responsible for him.

His lips for her name and she smiles sadly. "I'm here. It's okay." She responds trying to soothe him, her voice soft. So much is familiar, reminding her of the time they were stranded in the cave. She would not abandon him now. She wondered if the lullaby she'd hummed to him before would help. Only his eyes drooped closed, so she gently nuzzled him, her touch soft. He doesn't look at her, either he won't or he can't. 'Oh Rikyn.' Was she a fool to have befriended him? Would he continue to be a threat to her family, ending up on the opposite side of the battlefield? She cared for him too much to loose him in a senseless fight.

Aelin blinks, still withdrawing her touch. To her he seems distressed, she feels so useless. Unable to heal him - yet again the need to do something yet being completely unable to help. In times like these she was useless. Here was someone he cared about laying semi-conscious on the stone of the Heart and he needed her. Yet she could only stand here and watch as he suffered, drifting in and out the world. A sigh passed through her lips, pity and anger stirred for an odd combination in the girl's stomach.

The sound of her father arriving causes her to straighten up. Glancing down she see that Rikyn's eyes have opened. Looking up at her father she closes her eyes, wishing he'd kept his eyes shut. The appearance of Gaucho would only make the matters worse, it would have been better if he remained ignorant until he was healed. He struggles to get up of the ground and Aelin finds herself desperately shaking her head. "No." He needs to lie still, the last thing he needs to do is open a wound up further. Her eyes look over his visible injuries, why had he allowed himself to get into this state again. Turning to her father she offers him a worried smile. Aelin knows it's not his job to fix her foolish friend but she appreciates him coming here all the same. She also knows that she was one of the few people that he'd do this for, when she got home she'd make it up to him. She wanted to show her gratitude. Looking back she sees him begin to scatter stones as his legs struggle and kick uselessly at stones. "Shhhh." She winces as his dark body drops heavily back down against the snowless earth. Tears prick at her eyes, Aelin blinks them away, she will not crumble in front of either of them.

Her father speaks and she shuffles out of the way, wanting to make sure he got all of the healing flames. Finally her breathing eases, Gaucho's voice is enough to settle to nervousness. His powerful and commanding presence would always be the source of her comfort and strength. Aelin liked to think that she was very much her fathers daughter.

Rikyn has blacked out again as the flames mend his injuries. Aelin watches in wonderment, fascinated and awed by the magic. Her friend becomes almost whole once again. Walking away from Rikyn she cuddles into Gaucho. "Thank you papa." To have Rikyn better and to have a father that loved her unconditionally, (he was willing to heal her idiotic companions), she truly lived a blessed life.

Finally she notices Rikyn stir and moves back to his side, her now calm gaze is wide, taking in his mostly healed body. A miracle. Shaking her head at the events that had unraveled she looked into Riykn's blinking golden eyes. He's looking back at her, she holds her gaze steady, monitoring his every movement wondering how he would react to her papa. If he attacked out of fear Aelin would be forced to step in and stop him. It felt as if it was now up to Aelin to make sure these two never clashed again. It was something she would happily carry out in order to protect her father and family. The idea that Rikyn would thank her makes the girl uncomfortable. She, for whatever reason, doubted that the dark boy had ever sincerely thanked someone before.

Aelin backs away as he begins to make attempts to righten himself. While the girl doesn't offer assistance she stands close enough to catch him if he were to fall. Rolling onto his belly and then standing upright, Aelin nods happily. As he looks back towards her she offers him an encoring smile to speak although it fell at his words. "Edavrasa dorvi." She mutters, her eyes flicking over to her father. A small smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she watches him.

Suddenly Rikyn leans closer to her, she starts but remains still wondering if he need her for support. A shiver rolls down her spine as his breath tickles her neck. A frown creases her face, wondering what on earth her was doing. His words are able understandable but she manages to guess the list of his words. The sound that escapes her lips is something between a disbelieving snort and a slight amused laugh. Typical. Honestly, did Rikyn not realise the gift he'd just received? Sighing she turned to her father and raised her gaze to him. "Ave, zalat anna tat afis ha jin Foth?" She left it up to her father if she should return home or remain with Rikyn. She wanted to have a moment alone with him and ask way he'd attacked her home. He knew she was from the south! Surely he'd guessed that from their last meeting. While she knew he hadn't intentionally been trying to hurt her, in fact she doubted she'd been apart of his thought process, she did wonder why.

Because he had ended up hurting her through these actions.

@Gaucho

Edavrasa drove - Useless goat.
Sorry for the length and wait guys! ;-;
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀