the Rift

[OPEN] With the Sun in my Mouth [open]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the war's won, and I don't care if heaven won't take me back

The ground is damp and the sun is shining, and he has no reason to be moving right now. 

The angle is particularly difficult to achieve, being a pegasus, but it's worth it. The backside of his wings will be stained with mud and grass, as will his entire left side, but appearance has never been one of Cera's concerns. The sun is a weak warmth against his skin, new-growing stalks tickling against his outstretched wings and legs. Ilaria is shamelessly curled in the hollow of his neck, the slope above his right shoulder. She is sunbathing just as he is, a gluttonous pair of lazy bones on a random spring afternoon. 

A soft wind tugs at his sprawled mane, tickling against the curves of his ribs and ruffling Ilaria's fur. One sleepy green eye peeks open as Ilaria shifts and stretches across the length of his neck, a solid, squirming warmth. Her voice rolls over his mind like an errant wave, pleasant and warm with lingering sleep. 

We should be searching for materials, Cera. That's what we came here for. A whining huff leaves the Golden Prince, laziness seeping at his bones like clinging sap. The sun does not scorch here, in the meadow. It is a pleasant warmth like a blanket, and Cera does not feel the "spring fever" that everyone else seems to. Mating, birthing, cleaning, and generally stirring to life.

He continues on as he always does, a constant. Eternal. Nothing ever seems to influence Cera, the changing of time always presenting a new sorrow or trial, and yet he prevails nonetheless. Unchanged. Solitary. 

Sadness creeps into his heart at the reminder, the vast empty field that surrounds him only emphasizing his replaceable nature. A Prince of the sands, but one with an invisible crown. He would serve his herd until his dying day, in quiet faith and questionless loyalty. 

And he would die someday, easily forgotten, with only Ilaria at his side to meet the unknown with him. 

I'm sorry, Cera. Cera gives her a weak smile but does not move to search the earth for metal, as he had intended. The sun is a golden halo against his closed eyes, and his Lord's mark on the world is too much of a comfort for him in that moment. He feels less alone beneath his Lord's gentle rays, and he has no desire to get up and continue working. Tireless. Faithful. 

There will be no thanks at the end of the day. 

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

It was so nice being home, back in the magical lands of Helovia, finally there was no mission calling me away from the wonderfully warm sands that I had known my whole life. Finally I could settle down and do what I so longed to do, take care of my extensive list of siblings. As dearly as I loved all of them, half siblings and full siblings alike I couldn't lie and say that I didn't wish ma and dad would keep away from each other for a short while...especially since it appeared that I was one of the only that didn't come crashing into this world with someone to share my day of birth. Not that I thought that was something to complain about, I'll gladly carry the title of the Wildfire's first born all on my own.

Today there was an itch that couldn't be ignored to wander aimlessly through the prettier lands of Helovia, the ones that turned green during Birdsong rather than remain the same ruddy hue that it was always painted in. The only thing I missed from the various confidential missions our Khal had sent us on was the bright green grass and stunning flowers of the more luscious lands, but the cacti ridden lands would always call me back to them like a first time mother to her precious toddler. A smile spread across my ink tainted features as I drifted easily through the wind currents, large white wings snapping every so often to keep me afloat until the green world beneath me turned a stunning shade of purple that I nearly couldn't keep my electric eyes off of.

A gentle hum vibrated off of my vocal chords as I made the decision to land here where the world was flowered and beautiful. Probably wise to stop now before my faulty heart began to give me problems anyway, it was difficult for the electrically ran muscle to work properly when the blood that coursed through it carried it's own electrical waves. Dark tipped ears pulled back along with ivory wings as I angled my weight downwards, enjoying the thrill of my free fall, trusting that my wings would work when they were needed to soften my blow with the earth below. No matter how pretty it may seem from up here, I knew that a crash landing would be much less than desirable.

The only interruption from the violet world below was a sprawled out gold and white frame of another pegasus that looked familiar, but from this distance surely anyone would look familiar. Ink stained limbs stretched out to land as large wings snapped outwards so my balance could be properly maintained as I hit the ground a couple yards away from the dozing stallion. Although I had no intentions of speaking to the other creature during my descent down here, with my landing I realized that the gold and white was a friend from home. Cera I believed his name was, the last time we had spoken he was a crafter for the Throat and I wondered silently if he still held that job or if he was just the official nap taker now.

Clearing my throat with a cough I took a couple careful steps closer to the stallion and his companion, a smile spread it's way across my delicate features as my vocal chords sprung into action. "Cera! Is that you?!"

"Speech."
ZENOBIA
you gave me wings and i used them
Image Credits | @Cera | hope you don't mind me dropping her in there!
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the war's won, and I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Even as he lazes, his own private rebellion where nobody can see, he is not idle. Magic seeps from his pores like breathing, searching out metal in the earth in preparation for when his loyalty reigns over his desire to pout and list about. He touches the threads delicately, and though he has no skin or pressure to feel it with, the magic awarded to him does it for him nonetheless. Like echolocation, a child reaching for the shape of a parent in the dark of the night. Familiar, grounding. It beckons to him like a voice in the wind, an itch in his skin that never quite settles. Cera wonders if it's the passion in his blood that keeps him working, or the awareness that if he dares to stop, he will realize that there is no real reason to keep moving forward. His family gone, his friends nonexistent, his quest grinding to a sad halt because of his own shortcomings. But he remains in the sands, in the desert, the only place he has ever known. The only Lord he will ever serve. And he will serve until his mortal death, because there is nothing else for him to give. 

He caresses the shapes of the metal, testing his limits, how far he can reach and sense. As if he does not already know these things, but he finds comfort in his boundaries nonetheless. His eyes are closed, verdant shades covered and hiding the reality of the world from his vision. He sees only in shapes and vague sensations, but Ilaria is not so blind. Her little claws dig into his neck, tail thrashing in surprise, and a shadow slips over his eyes faster than he can open them. Lunging to his hooves is no easy process, not with how his wings are sprawled out like a fallen angel at his sides. He will not risk hurting his wing out of a surprise announcement. 

Ilaria scrambles upon his skin as upside down becomes upside right. Cera's wings and the white of his skin are stained a soft, subtle green. There are pieces of flower petals and grass in his mane and tail, and he surely looks disheveled and caught unawares. But whoever has happened upon him clearly knows his name, and across the rolling grass a familiar, nostalgic face comes into view. 

She has grown so much, he sighs to Ilaria, feeling a pang in his heart for all he has missed. He is not Gaucho's family. He is not her brother. But he has sworn, privately, to love and shelter all of Gaucho's blood who seek him out. Even if it means putting them in their places, as he once had done to Zenobia's younger brother. But her excitement is tangible, as real as the lightning in her blood, and Cera cannot stop the broad smile that lights up his cherubic face at her approach. 

"Zenobia!" he cried happily in response, wings shivering and curling at the tips of his primaries, body language exuding joy and surprise. "You've grown so much," he chuckles, eyes fond and soft, crinkling at the edges where years of smiles have drawn themselves permanently into his skin. "How are you? Are you well?" And there is so much he longs to ask her, but not all at once. It's a miracle he has her here before him at all, and he intends to savor it as long as he's allowed. 

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

I chewed on the inside of my cheek until the metallic taste of blood slid across the back of my tongue as I tried to stop from giggling as the gold and white lunged to his feet, startled by my appearance and the disturbance of his nap. Electric blues shifted amusingly across his frame, taking in the pale green that lit up his white hairs like a neon light, and the bits of flowers and grass that clung to his sleep tangled tresses. A smile flittered across my ink stained features as I tried to catch his emerald gaze, wondering if he would recognize me once the initial shock of being woken up had faded.

It had been so long since I had seen the gold and white that I was nearly surprised by the stallion-like muscles that rippled beneath his two toned pelt as he lifted himself from the ground, where was the lanky colt that I had known so well as a child? Back then he had been nearly a brother, but now he was simply a memory, a friend. Pale wings shifted as I leaned back against a cocked hoof and tucked my feathered appendages in close to my body in feeble efforts to hide the womanly form that I had been cursed blessed with in the time since we had last actually spent time together. Cera had grown much, and grown well in our time apart. But the smile that lit up his boyish features brought me back down to a more comfortable level around him and his bonded. "Zenobia!" His deepened lyrics filled the air as the shock of waking up turned to an expression of joy and surprise as he realized who it was that had woken him from his peaceful slumber.

"You've grown so much," he smiles and I can't help but allow a big smile to stretch my inky lips as I take a couple steps forward to pull a flower from his tangled forlock. Realizing how much he had grown, how tall and broad he had gotten in contrast to my petite, girly shape. "You are the one who has grown! You are nearly as tall as some of the cactus that grow back home now! I hope you have been well." Before I could ramble on anymore his deep voice broke the air once more, stilling the thoughts of how much we had both changed in the past.

"How are you? Are you well?" Dark rimmed ears flicked forward as I listened to his deep voice, soaking in the gentle baritone that reminded me of simpler time when I wasn't the Wildfire's first born I was his only and ma and pa still cared about each other deeply. But things were different now and there wasn't much I could do about it other than keep smiling and doing my job. "I am well! Staying busy with random missions that da sends me on, how are you? Still in the Throat?" I nearly felt foolish asking about his home, but for all I knew he had met some stunning mare who had dragged him back to her home and there they had a beautiful family of their own.

"Speech."
ZENOBIA
you gave me wings and i used them
Image Credits | @Cera | god i am so sorry this took so long, the army has eaten my soul ps. please tag me so i know when you reply!
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.