Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
M
E
R
I
D
A

It has been a while since I left the safety of the Edge. After my adventure that led to a few hours of absolute pleasure.... Well, I discovered why you don't have that much fun very often. Because it increases the chances you'll end up like I am. Pregnant and very much alone. I had stayed near the outer edges of the herd land, in case of trouble so I would be able to get away first. But when not there, I moved around at night exploring with Miles. I wanted to know who slept where, so I could figure out who I wanted to be closest to.... Well when the time comes.

In my in lack of experience however, I am near the glass wall to the north of the edge. I am unprepared and unknowing of what's about to happen next. 

Miles and I had been sleeping fairly lightly. I am to restless with my belly swollen like it is. That's when they begin. At first, it's so mild that I barely stir in my sleep. Steadily however the pain increases until I can no longer bare to stand. Go! Help! I think my child is dying inside me. I cry out in the sheer pain, not understanding that these are the contractions that will being that very child into the world. Miles scrambles as I hit the ground to ensure I do not land on him. He knows I can not help it right now. Worried he paces until the urgency of my crying and begging for help send him running.

For now, I lay in the worst pain I have ever experienced.... And I find myself very much alone.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Open to all! Permission to power play Miles finding the first to post. Sansa isn't born just yet

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne had been grazing quietly, sleep was evading her just as she was avoiding it, when the sound of something small running through the forest caused her dark ears to twitch. Her head quickly raised, green eyes flashing as they sought out the source just as Hemlock came swooping down from his perch in the trees overhead. His eyes were much better at seeing in the darkness than her own. But he hadn’t been awake when they had met Dacianna and Merida on the borders and did not recognize the companion - that was up to Aly.

“Miles!”

Alysanne called out to the kitsune when she spotted him coming over, already the dread stirring in the pit of her stomach - the same dread she felt whenever she saw a companion searching without their bonded. Someone was hurt. She had been a healer long enough to suspect it, feel certain that this was what it had to be. She quickly motioned him to lead her where she was needed and hurried after him as fast as she could - not caring how the wound on her thigh felt with each stretch and movement of her leg or how the soft feathers stung whenever they brushed against it.

Sure enough, there was Merida lying down and Alysanne wasted no time in hurrying over. The cause of her distress was blatant - her child was ready to come into the world. The pegasus lowered her head to nudge the girl softly, encouragingly. She wasn’t alone any longer. “I’m here, Merida. It’ll be okay - it’s time for the baby to come.” How Alysanne wished that she could take some of the pain onto herself! But her quest was still unfinished and she was unable. But she would do whatever else she could to make this as easy as possible. Her voice was soft and genuine when she spoke again. “You can do this.”

alysanne
image from flickr

@Merida
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
M
E
R
I
D
A

It seems like forever before I can feel the excitement of my bonded. He found someone, and not just anyone. The healer we had met the very first day in the Edge. Relief spread through my body as the pain stopped for a few moments. Maybe, just maybe I and my unborn child would be alright. That's when the pain started again. I am sure this time all of the Edge must of heard me scream. If this is what mare's have to do to bring new life.... Well count me out! But then again, I am still not sure if something is wrong. Is it really supposed to be this horrible? A strong kick in my belly tells me that my child is alive despite the pain I am in. I'm grateful for that.

Miles tells me they are almost here. I groan in obvious pain but acknowledgement. The Moon Doctor comes over and nudges me gently. “I’m here, Merida. It’ll be okay - it’s time for the baby to come.” I grunted, in to much pain to say anything at that given moment. When the pain subsides a little, I whimpered What..... do I....... do? I no sooner get the words out of my mouth than the pain hits be full force again. I scream, my entire body tensing and squeezing. Miles looks to Alysanne, before starting to pace again. He was worried for his sister and her unborn, that much was clear.

I don't know how long I've been like this. The pain is coming closer together, and lasting longer each time. Is this why mother didn't survive giving birth to me? Had she not been able to handle the pain? Was I then, a murderer by my birth? Or my sire a murderer by conception? What if I don't survive? You'll make it sister. You not leave me and baby. My brother's voice was clear and strong. Each time my body tenses, I feel the baby move within me. So I guess on what I need to do. The next time my body tenses with pain, I push. I push and push hard. I instantly feel the relief as my child makes his or her entrance into this crazy world. Meanwhile, my head flops to the ground and I close my eyes breathing deeply. Never again will I screw someone while in heat.... Ever.

My head feels light and funny, and I just want to sleep..... NO! Miles screams in my mind. I try to reason with him. Just a few minutes. I'll get up... What I don't realize is that the last push not only brought my child into the world, but cost me a good amount of blood. Miles is panicking, frantically making noises to draw Alysanne's attention to me. Trying to make her understand that something was very wrong...

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Sansa Posts: 19
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Two Years (Ages in TallSun)
Lady :: Northern Inuit Dog :: None Emily
S
A
N
S
A

For a while now, i've been tucked in this nice and warm place. I've been growing, and kicking and moving about. Every now and then I can hear a conversation go on between my mother and her bonded. I think nothing of it. It's just normal background noise to me. I am happy with this situation. I am comfortable and happy and - OH WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! Something suddenly tightens around me, and I can hear my mother reacting in pain and fear. We're we dying? Is that what's happening?! ARE WE DYING?! I kick and move around trying to make the squeezing stop.

With a thump mother hits something hard. I'd know cause inside her I hit it too. It's surely not as bad as she had to of hit it, but still. I kick some more, trying to stop all this squeezing business. But it doesn't help. I hear Mother send for help. It's just us now. I don't want us to die!

Help comes. I can't make out what the new voice tells Mother, but the squeezing keeps going. After what seems like forever it stops for a moment, but soon starts again. This time it's worse and I feel myself being pushed. No Mother! I don't want to leave you! But she doesn't stop until I get squeezed though from the warm to the cold. AHH MOTHER! I squeal and thrash around a bit. Where am I?! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE COLD!? But she says nothing. Her bonded moves to me first and tries to clear some of the blood and crud. That is until he starts making all kinds of noises. Was something wrong with Mother? Have I hurt her?!

Image Credit

OOC - So on Sansa's way out, she ripped Merida internally. If Aly could heal her pleaseeeee. I had to have her arrive all dramatically. But hurrah the Edge's 50th member is born!

A rush of sympathy moves through Aly as the pain Merida is in becomes obvious. It was hard to tell if it was just the birth itself (she was so young to be going through this!) or if something else was wrong, but the doctor was already preparing herself for the worst. At the faint, whispered words from the golden girl Aly did her best to offer an encouraging smile when she whispered back. “Your body will know, it’s okay.” It had been almost two years since Alysanne had last given birth and the pain was a hazy memory - but she remembered the fear. How certain she had been that something was wrong. Naerys almost hadn’t woken up. “All you have to do is push when it starts.”

Alysanne didn’t need Miles’ barks to draw her attention to something she had been watching for - something she hoped very much not to see. Merida was not rising, and she needed to. It was just as important for her to stand as it was for the new filly. Quick steps were taken to bring her towards Merida’s tail instead of her face and she saw why. Blood, so much blood.

Hemlock flies over to the newborn, checking her over while Alysanne focused on the mother. “You have a beautiful new daughter, Merida. You need to stay awake just for a little bit longer.” Alysanne spoke softly - the voice she used with foals and with patients, no note of uncertainty or fear entering her tone. She knew this business, it was her job. It was bad, she knew, worse than it should have been but not so bad that she felt that she needed help. Alysanne had long grown accustomed to the magic of her station where it had once frightened her and made her feel unsure. Now she flexed it as easily as she moved her legs or blinked her eyes, guiding it to fix the damage caused by the young filly’s difficult birth.

Hopefully this was not a foreshadowing of the difficult nature of the filly!

A frown of concentration replaced the calm mask as her magic sought out the tears and it was like knitting them back together - seamless. Merida might be a little sore for a couple days but that was to be expected after birth anyway.

In the end, Alysanne felt light-headed but there was no more blood coming and that was the most important thing. There was still enough energy to fix up anything that might need it when Merida moved but she felt the job had been done. She reached down with her muzzle to nudge Merida’s golden hip lightly, begging her attention now - to look behind her, to find the pretty little girl. “Come say hello to her.”

alysanne
image from flickr

sorry it took a couple days <33 @Merida
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
M
E
R
I
D
A

The dizzier and sleepier I became, the more I just wanted to do just that. I should probably say that if it had not been for Miles yelling in my head, I would of slept. I would of slept my way right on out of this world and away from my newborn. Away from my soulmate and bonded. Away from everything I know now. But Miles kept yelling an drew Alysanne's attention at just the right moment. “You have a beautiful new daughter, Merida. You need to stay awake just for a little bit longer.” With the Moon Doctor's orders to stay awake, I fought to do just that. That's it sister. Focus. Stay with me. He moved down to my flank to look at my daughter. She's beautiful. Just like you. His mental images of her bombarded me. I have to stay awake for her.

The nudge to my hip and Alysanne's voice asked for my attention then. “Come say hello to her.” My head raised, and I looked up and back behind me. The sight that meets my eyes, well was not one I had been expecting. There she lay, my daughter. Perfect in every way. Miles pounces on my hip urging me to stand. So with some grunting and wincing, that is exactly what I do. I shift on my legs as I move to my daughter. My daughter. I speak softly. My beautiful daughter Sansa Miles nuzzles against my leg in approval.

Then, the worries set in. I had survived the birth my mother had not... But would I make a good mother? I have no good examples. My green eyes look to Sansa, to Miles, and then to Alysanne. I don't know much about being a mother... Mine died in child birth.... She was born somewhere here, in the Edge... Will you... Will you help me? Okay maybe not the best way... But still. I would need help.

Image Credit

It took me much longer. Sorry about that @Alysanne

Alysanne was careful to watch Merida as she stood, shifting around so that she could get towards her daughter. The pegasus wanted to make sure that everything had been healed and that it was all good before she could enjoy the bliss of the moment.

Sansa. It was a lovely name for the little girl and Aly felt her heart squeeze at the sight of mother and daughter together. She realized that she wanted this again, wanted to be a mother again. Her own foals were grown - she was sure that Naerys was just a little younger than Merida now. Almost old enough to have foals of her own, which was certainly a frightening thought. She adored being a mother - minus the birthing part.

Perhaps…

Well, certain parts of becoming a mother were going to be speedbumps to that process. She wasn’t with anyone that could be a father at the moment, for example.

Thankfully, before Aly can get lost in those thoughts - before she can make Hemlock uncomfortable with the direction her mind was going - Merida was speaking to her again, asking her for help. A warm, gentle smile tugged on Alysanne’s mouth and her eyes were bright. Of course, Merida.” Whatever the golden mare needed, she’d be there. Luckily, Miles would be able to find her for any pressing matters but Alysanne was going to stick close - especially for the first few days. “I’m going to be here for you every step of the way. Don’t be afraid to ask questions either, I know I had a million when I was first a mother.” She wasn’t perfect at it in any way but she could pride herself in raising four children to healthy adults even if they were sometimes upset with her.

alysanne
image from flickr

@Merida
made by the lovely tamme