the Rift

[OPEN] Mistakes Were Made

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
There are no mistakes, save one: 
the failure to learn from a mistake

It's been months since I left Sansa and the Edge to return to the land of my Father. Oh how I have paid for that choice. My hide, once clear of all marks has been scared and beaten. I walk with a limp, my right hind leg will never be right again. Father had his chosen teach me a lesson for ruining myself to a pegasus. The only way I could make things right was to bring the wings of the one I fucked back home. Only then would I be allowed back as more than a prisoner. More than a play thing for his soldiers.

Miles growls softly, he is not happy with my choice to return home. He would of seen us stay here with my daughter. So eager to rebel now so eager to go home... I ignored him. I had been foolish to leave home in the first place. Now I must pay for it and earn blood to return. Fair is fair. 

But what I find when I arrive at the Falls... Is that the herd has moved on. Gone. Shit. Now what? Miles stands up on my back looking around for any signs of what happened. The God of the Earth clearly gave up on his herd. "Father will not be pleased." I grumble softly. This task was not going to be as easy as I thought.

"Talk?"
Miles whispers

@Volterra - tagging in case you wanna throw him in here to meet his half sister and his niece

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Sansa Posts: 19
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Two Years (Ages in TallSun)
Lady :: Northern Inuit Dog :: None Emily
S
A
N
S
A

This was the farthest away from home. I'm not even sure if the Edge is really home now, i've been gone for so long. I've wandered alone, looking for any sign of my mother. If the herd did not care to find her I would. I would find my mother and bring her back home where we belonged. I've traveled for days now, maybe even weeks. The smell of the Edge has long faded on my coat as I enter a place called Hidden Falls. I have heard the others speak of this place, a former herd. Now, it is nothing. The protection of the God of the Earth is gone.

It is here, that I found something most curious. An egg, a single pure white egg. I don't know what is inside of it, but I have kept it with me none the less. It rests against my withers as I move up and down the hills.

It's as I start back down to leave, I see her. Mother? I say softly at first. I am close enough to see Miles's ears twitch at the sound. Mother! I cry louder running for her as if I was just a babe. Mother I found you! I knew I would find you! My eyes look her over as if to make sure it was true. It's only then I see the scars. Mother what happened to you?

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Because he now knows he will never rule the Earth God's patron land, he chooses instead to maraud through its remains, wandering through the trees that could have been his. He passes through landmarks that he could have owned, past rocks that he could have pissed upon to mark it as part of his domain, past vast clearings where his children could have frolicked and grown to adulthood.

The Falls will never be his, but he can still explore them as if they are. His dragons cruise along next to him, darting easily through the trees upon leathery wings, and it's they who spot the mare and what they assume to be her daughter. Volterra would normally have no interest in a woman who already has a foal at foot and will therefore probably be uninterested in his advances, but curiosity gets the better of him and he finds his path shifting towards them.

There's something oddly familiar about the mare, and the Indomitable frowns. His assessment of her is distracted by her obvious injuries, and the leviathan edges closer with caution etched upon his features. Whilst it is not in his nature to be kind to strangers for no reason, there's something in him that feels for this woman and her daughter, wandering broken through the wilderness. "Your wounds..." he rumbles, narrowing his eyes at them. Vadir circles and lands heavily upon his massive hindquarters, peeking around his broad neck at the equine and her daughter. "Predator's paradise," she points out to her bonded, and he is inclined to agree. In this state, the mare would be easy prey, even if she is bonded to a kitsune who perches on her back. "You should not be out here alone. Predators will be licking their lips at the sight of you and your daughter." Now his titanic self is here, though, they may think twice.

DEAD I AM THE DOG, HOUND OF HELL YOU CRY
DEVIL ON YOUR BACK, I CAN NEVER DIE
image credits: one | two | three

@Merida

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

"Mother?" Miles hears the soft call first. But I hear the second "Mother!" Shit, here comes my child. I am thankful that she seems to be healthy despite my absence. But if Father met her, she'd be dead. Pegasus blood runs in her veins and he would deem her a half breed. "Mother I found you! I knew I would find you!" I watch as her eyes take me in, stiffen as I see them widen with shock and worry. "Mother what happened to you?" I shift trying to act as if I am fine. "I am fine. You however should be back in the Edge..."

It seems our reunion is interrupted. Miles sees him first, or rather his dragons.. Shit. What if he is following me from Father's herd. Making sure I don't just run away from what I must do. Shit shit shit. I need to get Sansa out of here without him knowing. "Your wounds..." He speaks as he stops in front of us. He is massive, much like Father's sons and warriors. But that face marking... "You should not be out here alone. Predators will be licking their lips at the sight of you and your daughter." I laugh. But even to me, it just didn't sound right. It sounded, well as if I have lost my mind. Maybe I have, trying to go back to my Father's herd.

Give girl things? Miles says softly. I had planned on giving her my amulets. I won't need them back home after all. Do it. "Don't under estimate me big boy. I'm stronger than I look." Meanwhile Miles carefully slips the amulets I carried out of my mane. He moves from my back to Sansa's, and spies the egg. She's going to bond, but not like me or them. Them meaning the dragons I assume. But how would he know? Whatever. He leaves the amulets tucked in her mane. I had told her months ago about the Earth Amulet and how special it is. Miles makes the leap back to my back. I know what I have to do next, but not yet. Soon, but not yet.

"Talk?"
Miles whispers

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

World's Edge Filly
S
A
N
S
A

Mother is almost at once stopping me short "I am fine. You however should be back in the Edge..." I shake my head. I had to come looking for you. You've been gone to long... My words cut short as another joins us. He is tall and dark and well... Really really tall. Granted I am not at my full height yet but still. "Your wounds..." His voice seems to be as deep as his coat is dark. "You should not be out here alone. Predators will be licking their lips at the sight of you and your daughter." I quickly add my two cents in. He is right Mother.

I am surprised when Miles makes the leap from Mother's back to mine. I can feel as he entwines her amulets in my mane.. I give her a curious look. She's not staying.... I wanted to ask more, but knew from her actions and laugh... Well it's best I don't know.

Just as I was about to say we should start back for the Edge, the egg I had found and was proudly carrying around on my back started to wiggle. I turn around with a frightened snort. Wh-what's happening?! The egg keeps wiggling around just a little bit, narrowly avoiding falling off my back a few times before CRACK! I hear it and feel it as the egg cracks wide open and out flops a... a pup?! Confused I look around at the two older equines.

The feelings hit me like a train. I suddenly feel things that i've never felt before. The biggest one, hunger. It's not a hunger like I would feel if I was hungry.... My eyes wide I look from one adult to the other. What do I do?!

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

@Volterra

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

I'm stronger than I look, is the mare's assertion. A small, humourless smile plays at the corners of the goliath's lips. "I don't doubt it." Yet that doesn't mean that she is invincible - Volterra is strength incarnate, but even he has no doubts about his own mortality.

Before he can point this out, the mare's kitsune offers amulets to her daughter, and Volterra almost feels like he's intruding. The filly's egg begins to shake and hatch and the titan takes a step backwards, preparing to leave the mother and her child to discuss bonding alone, yet something stops him. He watches the egg hatch with interest, eyeballing the pup that tumbles from it - it isn't a dragon, but it could be worse. What do I do? With a resigned sigh, the stallion stays where he is. "You need to feed it. It's a carnivore of some sort, so it'll need meat." He sends out a mental question to his dragons, and they both respond with a firm no. They're not offering their kills to some hatchling of a brat that doesn't even belong to their bonded, and no amount of commands from Volterra will change their stubborn minds.

He growls irritably, summoning his magic. A wolf-golem erupts from the ground beside him, its stone body criss-crossed with veins of lava, and it disappears into the forest with a series of heavy thuds. It returns a few moments later with a dead rat clasped in its rocky jaws, which it throws at the pup before crumbling into dust. The beast glances between the filly and the pup, telling her with his gaze that the hatchling needs to eat the gift that has been offered to it. The dragons growl their disgust; they had to hunt for their own first meals, none of this gift nonsense.

Then, he looks back to the mare. Why does she look so familiar? "Who are you?" he growls, not bothering to beat around the bush.

@Merida

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

I had to come looking for you. You've been gone to long... Ugh no. No no no no! That was not what I wanted my half breed child to tell me. It was to risky for both herself and for me to come looking. I guess I am lucky in the fact that she looks equine... But if anyone from Father's herd heard her call me mother... Well it was all over for her then. The male arrives and Sansa of course agrees with what he says about not being out alone. If they knew why I was out here, well it would break Sansa's heart knowing what I need to do. The stallion, who knows his reaction. Need to know. But if you hadn't done it in the first place... I rumbled a soft growl at the thought.

It seems they have an answer for every thing I say. "I don't doubt it." the stallion says. But before anything else can happen, the egg on my daughter's back begins to hatch. I look on, watching with slight pride as a pup rolls out. However one look tells me it is different than the hellhounds. I have to admit I am, disappointed. Thankfully the stallion seems to fill in where I did not. He even had some thing of his bring meat. How, charming. However Sansa's new companion distracting her gave him the perfect chance to.. "Who are you?" question me. Fuck. I don't have time for this. "Merida, who are you?" You want more than that buddy, you're going to have to own up to who you are too....

"Talk?"
Miles whispers

World's Edge Filly
S
A
N
S
A

"You need to feed it. It's a carnivore of some sort, so it'll need meat." come the answer from the stallion. I nod to him, trying to figure out how I was going to hunt for this little pup. The stallion seems to growl, and I get a bit worried at first. That is until a strange thing comes up and brings meat for my pup. She catches the meat on my back, and greedily digs in. Her barely lifts her head to look at the dragons. My green eyes look to the massive stallion. Thank you. After all I was no one to him, and he just assisted me with my pup. Something my Mom had not even done.

I remain silent as he turns his attention to Mom, asking who she was. She answers with probably the shortest answer she could give. I roll my eyes in annoyance. She could be a bit nicer to the stallion who had just helped me. I'm Sansa, her daughter. We both used to live in World's Edge,
which is where I think I am going to head back to here soon...
I let my voice trail off, feeling the sleepy feeling coming from the pup. Rest now Lady.... We will have lots of time to get to know one another. As if she's calmed by that, the little pup curls up on my back and yawns, the last of the meat falling from my back. I chose to ignore the fact that there had to be blood up there too. I'll take a bath and wash it off, after I arrive home.

Image Credit

@Volterra

Merida. The name does not bring with it recognition as he'd thought it might, as he'd begun to think that the mare may be one that he'd met in his youth. This does not seem to be the case, and the stallion is forced to scrutinise her some more in the hope that the answer will come to him. Why does she look so damn familiar? "Volterra." He says the name proudly, given as it was by his great father. "The Indomitable." And this one forged through his own greatness, blessed upon him by virtue of his deeds.

The filly thanks him for his help with her pup and he nods absently. It's not like him to help strangers, yet there's something familiar about this child, too. She introduces herself as Sansa and confirms that she's Merida's daughter, and his eyes drift back to the mare as he continues to try and fathom out where he knows her from. "Have we met before, Merida? You seem familiar for some reason..." His voice drifts off, a clear question.

Feel free to say that Tyra told her about Vol so she knows who he is! @Merida

We both fall quiet for now, not really having much to say. That is, until he finally gives his name. "Volterra." Wait..... That name. Hadn't father spoken of a younger brother by that name? "The Indomitable." Fuck me. Seriously?! Of all the men to run into back in Helovia.... I find my fucking half brother. I roll my eyes as my daughter begins to spill more information than this ebon stallion my brother really needed. I don't care if he just helped my daughter bond. I don't care that he's family...

"Have we met before, Merida? You seem familiar for some reason..." I sigh heavily. Might as well bring my brother up to speed. "Your sire is Tyradon right." I state it, as I already know who he is. Father had often spoken of my half brother and half sister who were seeking to make names of themselves here. Mainly cause I was told to be more like them. "I seem familiar because we share the same blood. Tyradon is my sire as well. Makes me your half sister and Sansa your niece." Miles moves around on my back, feeling my emotions.

"Talk?"
Miles whispers

World's Edge Filly
S
A
N
S
A

I just stare in shock and awe as the adults start discussing names and things. The moment my mother speaks, I can't help but lose my focus on the pup on my back and focus on them. I waited with baited breath as mother answer the man.... Wait... THE HELL DID SHE JUST SAY?! They possibly share the same, father? So... Wait a minute....

As my mind reels and I try to take in the information I was learning, Lady shifts on my back. She begins to clear her own mouth and paws as well as the blood from my back. I don't even try to stop her as I have to admit it feels oddly strange. But... If what my mother says is true... Does this make you, my uncle? I look at him curiously, more questions bubbling to the surface all of the hanging on if he was family or not...

Image Credit

@Volterra - once you post, i'll post Sansa again and not Merida as she's just gonna bolt and then we can wrap this up along with the battle post <3

Your sire is Tyadon right? The beast's ears prick and he looks at the mare, agog. "Yes, he is." How did she know that? It quickly becomes apparent as she reveals that she, too, is a child of the great man. Volterra's face remains largely impassive at this news, but inside he's rejoicing. He knows his father is as promiscuous as the Indomitable, with equine supremacist children dotted around many a herd, but each one that comes into his life is a boon. He is a family man, and the more siblings he discovers the happier he is.

Not just a sister but a niece, too! "A pleasure to meet you, sister, niece." He looks between them. "I am Sultan of the Dragon's Throat herd here, and as my family you are more than welcome to join me there." The filly addresses him and he turns to her, his expression cheery. There's so many questions he wants to ask Merida, but those can wait. He is sure they will have a long time to get to know each other (hahahaha nope) and learn about each other's respective relationship to Tyradon, so for now he is content to answer Sansa's question. "It does." He flashes the filly a smile.

@Sansa