the Rift

[OPEN] maniac on the floor [FESTIVAL DANCE FLOOR]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
the
Aurora Basin
Festival Dance Floor
The dance floor is a large, open space, around 20 by 20 yards. To the left side of the cleared area, a small band is gathered, playing decent music to dance to, and they eagerly welcome guests to join in.

Illuminated around its border by glowing mushrooms dangling from pine branches erected into the ground, the earth is hard packed, and has obviously been used for this purpose before. Surrounding the entire area is thick, mountain grass, providing a good resting place for those who've wearied themselves dancing or perusing the sights. Making their way to and from the floor are various couples and dancers, all utilizing various styles of dance; some skilled, some ludicrous, but all in the name of fun.

Food and drink waits nearby on a large, flat stone, which seems to be tended by no one in particular, but is also well stocked, and borderline overflowing. Adults seem to be minding the thing, regardless, as some of the offered items there are likely unsafe for young bodies to ingest…

Occasionally, a couple can be spied slipping out into the romantic seclusion of the surrounding valley, perhaps under the throws of those more exotic food items for offer.

[ Please wait for the band (Rhodoc, Nimue, Rikyn, and Duir) to gather before guests begin posting. If you have a song you would like to sing, simply write your character taking the stage from Rhodoc or Rikyn, or jumping in with their instrument! Otherwise, show off your moves or rub up on your special someone, Helovia ~ ]

image | coding

@Rhodoc @Tiamat @Rikyn

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
R I K Y N & D U I R

While I made sure all the attractions were ready, Duir made sure his log and stick were prepped. He’d brought an extra two drumming sticks with him, and had (somewhere) discovered two other hollowed logs of various sizes. Propping one up against a knot of wood, his largest makes a deep thrum, while the medium raps and taps with a more somber, moderate pitch. The upright, narrow log has a sharp staccato ring, and seems to be his favorite.

He’d been practicing, of course, eager for his night to shine, and play with Nimue, for the rest of the herd. Born and raised in the wild, with only me for company, the mostly solitary creature has grown very fond of watching the others who live here. Cultivating a sense of trust with their constant presence and peacefulness towards us so far, the buck is eager to share this sense of community that has begun to grow within him. I, however, am less so.

Even when the events begin, and the rest of the musical group arrives, the sound of their playing (and Duir’s much improved drumming) won’t lure me that direction until it’s absolutely necessary. I, both fortunately, because I don’t want to sing, and unfortunately, because I don’t want to talk to everyone, either, I still have to meet and greet.

[ Rikyn will be by with a song later! ]

this is not destruction
this is your birth

image credits

@Rhodoc @Tiamat

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
Today's the day of the festival or whatever, and while I'm fully intent on entertaining the shit out of people, I'm also here for the refreshments. It is a party, after all, and I don't do parties sober. And for those of you who think that I should be keeping a level head on my shoulders since I'm part of the band, I'd like to kindly say fuck you because I've already been to the refreshments station twice.

After a less than appropriate amount of drinking, I easily pick out Duir from the other side of the clearing and begin to stroll on over. There's a warm, blissful expression slathered across my face when I notice the Lord's deer already has the drums set up and ready to go. "Evening, Duir-baby," I tip my crown towards him and take my place among the wooden instruments. "I hope you've been practicing." I send him a playful wink, but gods I hope he has, because last time his drumming sounded absolutely wretched (no offense) and we need a decent percussionist if we want this to work out.

I linger around the band area while the others are arriving, grinning and doing my rigorous vocal warm-ups just loud enough so that any passersby will be impressed. I try my best to remember the words to Rikyn's songs, but considering my current state and my lack of focus, it'll be an interesting gamble. Either way, I'm gonna kill it.
art © sky

@Tiamat @Rikyn
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

R I K Y N & D U I R

Duir greets Rhodoc with a cheerful bleat and nod to affirm that he had indeed practiced, accidentally dropping his drumming stick in the process, and causing a most peculiar and vigorous rappatappatappa to perforate the currently played song as it bounds from one end to the other across the face of his original log. Obviously amused with the sound, the young buck is about to repeat the process when I stride over, and quickly picks back up the proper beat, while avoiding eye contact with me.

Practice later, I mentally remark regardless, joining Rhodoc in his warbling warm ups, my full tenor joins his in the lilting rise and fall of chords. Quietly, so as not to override the singing of whale and dragon, and Duir’s rhythmic rapping, tapping, and thrumming, I look over at him, and ask:

"Which should we open with? Mountain, maybe?" I smirk, "if you, I say you take primary vocal for it. You sounded pretty good the other day."

[ OOC: @Rhodoc once more with song lyrics. ;D

this is not destruction
this is your birth

image credits

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
By the time Rikyn strolls on over to join me, I'm more than ready. My vocal chords are stretched to perfection and the prior-consumed fermented apples are giving me an impatience I can't deny. It's something I can't help, sober or not: I want to be in the spotlight. And although I'm going to be sharing the stage with a few others, it's no secret that the vocalists get all the babes.

Rikyn's saying something now, so I flick my ears at him and lean in, listening to his suggestion with a partially-drunken smirk. "I don't think you've ever had a better idea," I wink at the lord before facing center stage again, vocals rising up and down in my throat again as I prepare for the selected melody. The mountain song Rikyn taught us is my favorite by far, and opening with it will surely get everyone's attention.

I glance around at the others to see if they're ready, but I mostly look at Duir. As long as there is no drum solo, there's no way he can fuck this up. The whale's beautiful singing can probably compensate for whatever mistakes Duir makes, but for now I have faith in the deer."We're starting with Aurora Basin Mountains, so tune your voices and your--" I look sideways at Duir's wooden instruments. "-- whatevers accordingly."

Because I know Rikyn's a busy dude (and because he's not as itching to belt out lyrics), I go ahead and start things up. Between the whale, Duir, and the rest of the band's playing, we'll be just fine.

"One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fires were burning,
Down the track came a hobbit hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning;
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Inside a ring of mountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Aurora Basin Mountains..."

art © sky

@Rikyn sorry about the wait <3
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

R I K Y N & D U I R

Duir, looking at this log drum, and wondering how exactly one tuned it, almost misses the initial beat; quickly picking it up, however, he quickly loses his sheepish smile at nearly failing to do his one job, and soon is lost in the beat. I myself listen to Rhodoc’s singing, awaiting the second verse – as we’d practiced the other afternoon. Wondering if any others know the song, at least the ending line would become easy to expect, even for first time listeners, allowing them to occasionally sing along.

Regardless, it has a nice, high beat, and surely everyone will enjoy opening the evening with a good dance number, to get their blood moving. It seemed like the most popular thing thus far had been the fermented apples, and I’m sure Rhodoc would like to change that as much as I would.

Quietly clearing my throat as my lines approach, I sonorously belt out:

"In the Aurora Basin Mountains,
There's a land that's fair and bright,
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night.
Where the nice caves all are empty
And the sun shines every day
On the birds and the bees
And the Sentinels see
The boiling Hot Springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Aurora Basin Mountains…
"

[ OOC: The dance floor is officially open! Felix and I will continue alternating posts for the rest of the lyrics and, gasp, MORE SONGS. ;D ]
this is not destruction
this is your birth

image credits

@Rhodoc

Wishlist - Plots

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Stories told, tails pinned, rings thrown, and tracks run, I make my way with desirous steps towards the refreshments table. Glad to see that the apples have not all been devoured, I chew my way through the first two quickly, and slowly move away from the table still mulling on my third. Having promised myself that I wouldn’t eat too many, and also that I wouldn’t touch the table until most of the evening had wended away, and I could afford to be little more lax.

Feeling the swimming sensation rise to the back of my brain pretty quickly, having only had apples once, with Furen, now several years ago, the world takes on a pretty, fae shimmer. The blue lights cast down from the bough-made lamp posts illuminates everything near them with a soft aura, while the fires crackle happily in their interspersed distances, red embers dancing up into the night, before flickering out, becoming black shadows, which drift back down with floating ease. The music thrums in the midst of this world, individuals moving here, or there, but as I move towards the dance floor, all of these things seem to coalesce, revealing Sikeax.

Illuminated in the glow of the lights, she appears from the parting crowd, which divides, as if to reveal her through fate. Picking up my pace, glad she’s still here, after all, I seize the opportunity, and stride closer to her.

"Hey, Sia," I say as I approach, reaching out with my muzzle for hers, "we always seem to meet here, at these things."

The first time, we had sang songs together. This time, my intentions are certainly a bit less tender than those of a yearling, and my eyes older, more capable of noticing just how beautiful she is.

[ OOC: This is much later in the evening from Rikyn and Rhodoc's current song :P this table denotes Sikeax interactions where the black one is the Aurora Basin Mountains lyrics for the sake of sanity in the midst of liquid time lol ~ ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Sikeax

Wishlist - Plots

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

It only took a few moments into the first song with lyrics for Maude to decide that she would dance for a while; singing could come later, when she hadn’t the energy to move!

Leaping into the emptied area, the hard stamped dirt thrumming beneath her hooves as she lands, her nose bobs in time with the music, and her forelegs lift up and down in alternating rhythm. All about her lithe body her cloak swirls and ripples, her braided hair floating up momentarily before slapping down over her shoulder, and across her traipsing hocks; first with her abrupt entrance into the floor, and then when her bobbing steps becoming whirls and forward prances, and sidelong head tosses followed in graceful time by her fore, and then her scampering hind.

By the second verse she’s guess the songs pattern, and though she doesn’t know all the words, she joins in on the parts she can guess before the two stallions start to sing it – but a line, every now and again, but with gusto, she belts as she dances: “In the Aurora Basin mountains!

Should any come to join her, the pivots and swirls of the maiden’s steps will encompass them, too, her soft muzzle occasionally reaching out with giggles and happy eyes that strive to meet their counterparts, but, otherwise, she is perfectly content to dance alone, to someone else’s songs, for once.

[ OOC: tags everyone who said they were interested for das boogie ;D ]

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

@Ki'irha @Aelfwine @Kiri @GAWEN ?!?!?!?!
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Kiri Posts: 12
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0hh :: 3
Bonita

Kiri had heard around that a festival was happening in the Aurora Basin. It has been so long since the last time that she had participated in a festival. This also gives her the opportunity to spend some time in a social gathering again and to meet some new faces. She has a long history with her family and in her culture with dance, song, and chants. She always felt like she was closer to the earth when she danced in rhythm to the music. Like it connected her to the spirit of the land. She freshened up on the way to where she knew the dance floor would be. The music was not extremely loud but she could feel it in the soil and sense it in the leaves around her. The lights were strewn in the trees like fireflies that bounced and swayed gently in the breeze to the beats of the drums and the thrumming of hooves on the ground to the tune of song.

Kiri saw a couple horses out on the floor but the one who seemed to be enjoying themselves the most is a striking roan female. Her skin looked like white gold with legs that had been dipped in honey. Pearls seemed to be strewn on her horns on a strong of spider’s silk, and the most elegant tree peaked out from what appeared to be her ankle. Kiri couldn’t wait a moment longer and decided she would like to dance near the shining golden girl. Kiri took the long way around the floor so she would not be rude to other quests. Kiri has a joyous smile across her face. So much that her teeth were showing. I hope you don’t mind me joining. She looked over at the singers and couldn’t help but think of how nice their voices are. They were on key. Kiri liked to hear about Aurora Basin. She faced back to the golden girl and began to step back and forward and shifting her weight from side to side in passage movements. Her curved Andalusian/mustang features fitting this moment well. Hello I am Kiri. I am currently an Outcast but I hope to be joining Worlds Edge soon. I am very new here though. May I ask your name? and you dance very well.

(image credits here)

Please tag Kiri in posts
Force/magic allowed but Kiri wants to stay alive.
:)