the Rift

[OPEN] aftermath

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

Heading towards the healer’s region of the herd land, blood still slowly making its steady way from my various wounds, I think over the battle, while Duir frets over the damage to my dark skin.  Occasionally touching it with his muzzle, leaving a stain of red smeared across his nose, he attempts to push the skin back together, to little avail.  Used to his over attentive nature, I’ve long since quit telling him to fuck off, and that it’s useless; it makes little difference to the compassionate creature I share half a soul with.  Besides, as he reminds me, detecting my faint annoyance at his touches interrupting my thoughts, it hurt me too.

Regardless, I replay the scenarios of the spar again and again, pinpointing the lack of blood on my opponent and the amount coming out of me to be mostly my fault.  Having entered the foray entirely too sure of my ability to dodge her, I hadn’t put enough emphasis on making sure I’d made good, clean hits, or, at the very least, keeping her at a better distance, to not have manhandled me like she did.  It also wasn’t particularly clever picking the fight in her front yard, either.

At least my ass-muscle works again, though there are certainly twin bruises, one on each cheek, as I arrive over the rolling hillside, into the section of the valley designated for plants and mending.  Moving passed the greenhouse, I head towards the cavern which most often houses Lena, arranging, preparing, and sorting herbs, particularly this time of year.  It never crosses my mind that it could be someone else I hear rummaging about in there, as I poke my head in with a cordial nicker of hello.

"Anyone here?" I ask.

[ OOC:  Dressy should be coming but others are ofc welcome <3 ]
I’d love to be the one to disappoint you
when I don’t fall down
 @Mortuus Nox

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
You can have your very own
Devil at the cross roads

The beast lurked deep within his cave. Monsterous horns curved from his skull and the Time Mender tended to the small herbs and other dried plants. Gray cold eyes looked around to hear the sound of someone arriving. Quietly the man waited in the back of the cave. It could be someone passing by, or just a person who is visiting. Tangled tresses flicked across his haunches as deep velvet ears perked forward. From the depths, the demon started to rumble. His body shifted and his cracked hooves clicked against the cool cave floor. Stone orbs narrowed upon the beast who called for the mender. The figure was just a shadow, a form that the beast could not make out. Then he started to move closer to the pair standing in the cave mouth.

Iron floated through the air and towards the devil's nostrils. Cocking his head slightly the shadow finally stood face to face with the man who sought help. His mouth almost twisted into a smile, but he refrained from this action. The condition of the man in front of him was not very... good as one would say. "Rikyn, what did you get yourself into? Come inside and let's get you cleaned up." His voice was deep and echoed through the cave wall as he waited for the boy to follow him into the cave. Turning back towards the young lord he closed his cold gray eyes. The crackling of the fire was all that could be heard. First, the Mender focused on the slab of skin hanging from his darkened body. Magic crackled with sparks of light, then the Mender focused on reversing the damage. "How does that cut feel? I want to take care of the serious problems before I tackle the minor ones." Hie attention turned to the companion, directing the rest of the sparks towards the deer. They floated and started to rain slightly over the deer. "Congratulations is in order for the new Lord. " He began to make small take with the boy.

"Talk."
image credits

@Rikyn

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

It’s not Lena who answers me, but Mortuus Nox. It has been a good while since I’ve actually talked to him in more than passing, a nod or hello before meandering elsewhere, but I don’t recall our last meeting going very well. To my credit and his, it had also been during the worst year of my entire life, so I probably was not as particularly awesome as I normally am. Still, the sight of the pale eyed man makes my head lift slightly, glad for the daylight that keeps him looking like a normal man, and not as horribly creepy, and dripping with blood, as he does at night.

Nodding tersely at the invitation, I step into the cool confines of the faintly lit cavern, my deer trailing behind me, looking about at the stone shelves and dangling herb bundles curiously. It smells strongly of herbs and oils, with evidence of a magical overlay, the faintest crackling energy lingering in the air that promises this is a place where the Spark’s Menders work.

"For once, doing what I was asked," I smile, rolling my eyes in a playful way, "next time I’ll tell the General to test his Corporals himself."

That strange, electrical tingling is soon born across my thrice severed shoulder as I talk, and Duir’s eyes widen as he watches the flesh magically knit itself back together cleanly. Bleating when the glimmer of the healing magic fades away and my flesh is good as new, the buck curiously presses his nose to it with eager surprise to find it exactly as it had been before Wessex had ripped me open. Smiling at my companion’s surprise when Mortuus heals him, too, Duir’s expression is dreamy as he feels the magic coursing through his body, and, when it leaves, he’s left with a most smug expression on his deep cocoa face.

Testing the leg and muscle by moving around a bit, I wiggle my leg up and down, and stretch out with most of my weight put on it. The real test will be a run, later, but the preliminary round says that Nox, while not my favorite healer about the mountain, is certainly good at his job.

"Good as new," I nod, meeting his eyes as he congratulates me on my new title, a sideways smirk dancing across my face and my gold eyes glimmering, hiding the emotional depths that I conceal behind my facades that everything is peachy keen, "thanks, Nox."

I want to make a sarcastic remark, but refrain for the time being. I probably shouldn’t go around telling the world I had no choice but do my job, having had a God write it across the heavens for the world to then hold me responsible to. They might take it the wrong way, like I didn’t like being the boss, when I wasn’t having to, you know, do all the shit they needed me to do.

Maybe I should get an assistant! Some small ass-hat to follow me around, taking notes and dealing with the small details I can’t be bothered to care about, so I can hang out with (or on top of, really) Glacia more.

Speaking of her…

"Hey, while I’ve got you here," I chime up, putting on a leadership smile (or what I think is one anyway), "I, uh, well, why I thought of it doesn’t matter I guess, but do you have much going on for Frostfall? If not, I’ve got a project I’d like to throw to you, Enna, and Lena."

[ OOC: awe yeah birthing caves two birds one thread ]
I’d love to be the one to disappoint you
when I don’t fall down
@Mortuus Nox

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).