the Rift

[OPEN] Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Although Antheia's death was still fresh in her mind, Kahlua found that a day spent crafting for her fellow herdmates had given her the strength she needed to carry on. Likewise, a night spent sleeping had restored her strength from the use of her new found magic. Smiling was still hard, because she was still reminded so frequently of the way that Antheia had looked as she had stepped backwards over the cliff, but Kahlua did the best to repress the memory. It's what she did best, after all- pretending that the harsh parts of life did not exist, were not a concern and would all go away if she just didn't think about them. It was a childish attitude to have, but she did not have a better way to deal with the world.

Determined to continue her emotional ascent from the depths she laid in, the overo mare decided that she would continue on with crafting. Having exhausted all of the smaller projects she must do, she knew what she was to take on now... The Wall. It had been mentioned when she had first arrived here, so long ago, but the sun had left the land with the magic and no work had been accomplished. The day of the invasion, she had never wished for the thing more. Now, she just wanted to get the thing up and built so that she knew her and her herd mates would be safe.

Making her way the South East corner of the Edge, Kahlua came upon the borders and looked. The sun was just beginning to peak over the horizon and the day was already warm. Kahlua knew that the work she was about to partake in was going to be hard, body draining work; however, for once in her life, Kahlua was prepared to sacrifice her well-being for the greater good. Or, perhaps, she was only prepared to sacrifice her well-being to ensure her safety in the future. Regardless of the reason, there was work to be done. Before her there were some small, clear areas where the ground had been removed of debris. She would start here.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Kahlua tried to imagine the tallest horse she had seen. It was the draft horses, of course. Thor and Atka for starters. She used their height to judge how high she would want the wall. It would have to be of sufficient height to keep the tallest of horses from just jumping over it (6-7 feet, she decided on), and sufficient width to prevent it from falling over at the first gust (2-3 feet). It would need stabilizers at the bottom, on the inside, to further aid in standing. At the outer, top edge she imagined sharp spikes protruding every foot or so, as further incentive for any would-be invaders to keep their hooves planted firmly on the ground. She did not bother with thinking of decorations or any unnecessary additions. As it was, she was not sure she was skilled enough for the project. Still, the gods had been kind to her so far. Her glass creations had molded as she had requested them to.

Opening her eyes, but keeping the mental image of the wall in her head, Kahlua silently prayed to the Goddess of the Moon. I need your help now more than ever, she thought to the airs around her. Let me build this wall, to keep us safe, and I will honor you every day until my death. Quickly, Kahlua called out to those who she called family and friend. She would not be able to do this on her own. “I offered my services to you, my friends. Now I ask for your help. I cannot build this wall alone.” Hoping that the prayer she offered to the goddess and the call she gave to her herd would be sufficient, Kahlua called upon the mists in the forest around her to begin shaping to her will. Slowly, they began settling onto the ground and forming into a solid. The wall had begun.

OOC| This thread is open to anyone and set a day or two after the “open crafting” thread. Posting order in this thread will be ignored. This thread will cover a long period of time. In general, I will try to post every other day (or daily if I can) to document Kahlua's continued work on the wall while we have unlimited crafting. Likely, each of my posts will cover a day or two in Helovia time. Feel free to have your characters enter, help out and then leave in one post if you'd like. Obviously she can use all the help she can get. This is also a thread for anyone interested in crafting to learn more about it.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 11:56 PM