the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
It was done.

The politics of the Edge were about to change. It had been needed for a while. They had won the war that they had started.. They had survived to live another day.

Though time seemed to have stopped for the WeyrLeader, the herd continued on. The DragonHeart needed time to heal, to grieve, she needed to ensure that her actions weren't for naught. The conversation with Deimos had left her with a chill - was it his magic, or the promise he made? Already time had lapsed - she had secured the safety of their herd for TallSun, and now, she didn't know what would happen. She had promised the Reaper another meeting, and she would be having it - it would be a lie to say she wasn't afraid of what she would be told. Declarations of war? Promises of more murder, more torture, more terror pressed upon them?

They had their wall now, they were safe - at least from ground-dwelling threats. Those with wings could still fly over, or access the cliffside of the land. The dragonmare knew she would need to ensure patrols continued along the coastlines - they could not grow complacent behind their wall, they could not become too falsely comfortable.

And now, she had appointed another to share the load of leading - and he had accepted that appointment. She wondered how the herd would take it.. Thor had approached her many moons ago, expressing his discomfort in the position. Mirage had always thought he held it well, but she understood how he felt - she felt it herself. And so he had stepped down from the leadership.

Was it only natural for her to turn to one she had asked before, one who deserved it, but only needed time to realise that himself? His absence that came so soon after her request had ruffled feathers - her brothers were more than happy to let her know of their disapproval - but he had returned, and then he had laid himself and his dragon's life on the line for the herd in the war they had just fought. As always, he had challenged her ideals, her methods, had made her question herself - but all for the ultimate good. That was what she needed, a partner, a colleague, not just another follower who would bend so easily to her will.

So the mare stood, a shadow upon the clearing that existed near the edge of the cliff, the salty breeze in her mane, the misty forest of her home stretching before her, the sea stretching out for miles behind her. It was night time around her - the bracelet upon her foreleg allowed for the dawn to be seen in the eastern corner of their home, but there the Sun seemed to halt, as the crescent moon shone down upon the Queen of the Edge, with her midnight flowers blooding across the dark tapestry of the night sky above her. A golden dragon danced on the misty breezes above her, and together, they called to their herd. The Qian, that ideal she forged with her beloved Vikram, that belief, that hope which had become so real and grand, so much greater and more powerful then she could have ever imagined, were to gather before her now.

"My family.. Please come, meet your fellows."

It was a gentle call, one that was carried upon the very breeze, the mists of the realm. It penetrated ever corner, every nook and cranny, and from it, came forth the shapes and souls of those she called her kin. She was shamed that she did not know them all by name, but welcomed them all the same, with a smile and inclination of her tiara.

"Thank you, my kin, for standing before me this day." With a hint of a devious smirk she called it a day, knowing full well that no day could truly exist so long as she, or anyone, wore the trinket blessed by the Goddess herself. "I have asked you here to speak of many things. Firstly, I must apologise for there are those of you I have not met, though you still call me your WeyrLeader - I am Mirage the DragonHeart, and this is my bonded, Akaith." The little queen swooped low about her bonded then, introduing herself in a flourish of leathery wings and gleaming golden scales. "There is much and more to speak of.

"Thor the GentleHeart once shared my rank, however he has requested to stand aside, for his own reasons. He is still, and always will be, a welcome member of my family."
Mirage did not forsake him his want to step away from leadership - how many times had she herself thought to do the same? "In his wake, I have asked Lace, the SilverThorn, to take his place by my side." He was a well known soul in the Edge, his face was probably more familiar to the herd than her own shadowy façade. She wondered if there would be any who would voice dislike of her decision - they were welcome to discuss it, to challenge it even - she had faith enough in her herd that all could be resolves sensibly, however.

"Please, my kin, speak to us now, so that we might address any concerns you harbour for the wellbeing of our grand herd." The DragonHeart bowed her head as she invited any and all who would call themselves a member of this herd to speak - all were allowed a voice here, all would be heard and considered, and hopefully resolved. She would allow them to direct the flow of the gathering, rather then simply offer them some words to consider. It was high time she listened more to others.
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Hey everyone!
Please post here by December 24th at least once to be counted in the Activity Check for OrangeMoon. Please post your character's name and rank [ including if you want to change ranks ] OOCly beneath your post.
If you cannot post here, I will be checking the Absence board for up-to-date Absences throughout the next few weeks.
Even if all you post is "Character X was here," that is sufficient to save you from demotion/deletion from the herd!
Thanks lovelies xx

Messages In This Thread
Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ] - by Mirage - 12-11-2013, 05:16 AM