the Rift

[OPEN] Stand Together [ALL]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

Quilyan had been dutiful in relaying precious information to me. It hadn't been about Basin movements nor rumors of what the other herds were up to, but rather, a potentially even darker force than the Basin or anyone else could ever hope to be. Though the painted steed's words could have easily been dismissed as those of a fool's, I had been here long enough to know that Gods and magic were both very much real. There were evil things that lived among us, such as the darkness that had fallen over Helovia seasons ago or the monsters that had come in its wake. I would be a fool myself not to pass along what I had learned, for if what Quilyan had seen was a premonition of what was soon to come to our land, the others needed to know immediately.

"Friends, family, World's Edge; please, hear my voice and come at once!" Baritone voice rang out, deep and masculine, a twinge of worry laced into it. With talons gripped around a clutch of my mane, Suli let out her own melodic dragonsong in assistance. Though I knew it wasn't my place to call forth a meeting as our Weyrleader had often done, there was no time to waste; for all we knew, this unknown force could be upon us this very night. I had to act, to inform, and bring everyone together to enact a plan of action.

It was only when several had gathered, each earning a look of gratitude for coming at all to their Wingleader's call, that I spoke again, cutting straight to the chase. Now was no time to beat around the bush and put ourselves at risk; seconds were precious right now, with our situation suddenly so uncertain. I hid it well, however, and upheld the calm and collected demeanor that was a proud trait of mine as I went on.

"I have been informed of some strange happenings in the marsh," I started, uncertain if Quilyan cared for his name to be put on the spot and casting my painted brother a brief glance, letting him know that it was alright to cut in at any time, before I carried on. "As of right now, I ask that our protectors accompany me on strict routes both inside and out of the wall. I would advise that none shall travel alone, at least until the exact threat has been pinpointed. Those who have been with us for some time know of the darkness that befell Helovia just seasons ago; and those that have been here longer than I, I am sure they know of even more things to have happened here in the past. Please, heed their warnings as well as my own."

I paused, sweeping my gaze across the faces of those gathered. Would they think me too demanding, too strict? It was possible that what Quilyan had seen was little more than a trick of the eyes, but until it had been investigated it further, I would play it safe. I'd already lost my dearest Tor, as hated as she'd been here, and hadn't even seen or heard of my children for months now. I had suffered, was still suffering the loss of my beloved Bran, and I couldn't bear having another life ripped away from me if I could help it.

"If any of you have any questions or suggestions, then please, this would be the time to ask."

talk talk talk

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Stand Together [ALL] - by Destrier - 12-31-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Kahlua - 01-01-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Resplendence - 01-01-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Destrier - 01-04-2014, 06:36 AM
RE: Stand Together [ALL] - by Kahlua - 01-05-2014, 12:47 PM