[OPEN] In the light of the glow worms.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

[[location | the glowing room ]]

Ophelia felt good, very good. Everything was right with her sister, and a weight had lifted off of her chest. Now, the apology list thinned, and she needed to find Roskuld. Her child, her daughter, and the small little creature she had birthed against her will had not had the life she deserved. Even though she had not been in possession of her normal self when she had chosen to be with the God of Time, the result of those actions was not responsible for her mistake. Roskuld was her child, no matter what.

And she was a shitty mother.

What parent would abandon their child like she had? When she was a child, she had two, loving parents but had chosen a different path. Paladin would have never let her go hungry or alone and Soleil had a way of finding her and speaking even when she did not want to be found. Ophelia had been far too young when she had had Roskuld, yes, but that was no excuse for being an absent mother. The memories of her parents were flawless, and she had a perfect step-by-step instruction and had ignored it completely.

Even though she was more light-hearted, the guilt had only decreased by half. She was searching everywhere, including where they had fought the monster together not too long ago. The light of the fires of the earth revealed a dark spot in the landscape, and she tilted her head to the side curiously. What was this? This was new...

Ophelia had never been in the possession of good instincts, so Tinek spoke for her, huffing a puff of frost and flying down into the hole first. He breathed a blast of shock, lighting up the dark path that his bonded walked down behind him, hair standing on end. The dragon made a slightly amused chuckling sound that was more like a stuttered hiss. Ophelia chuckled in response and rubbed her body against the wall to tame her mane.

The dark path had lead to a large room, but instead of lingering, she pushed onward, finding herself under false stars. Cloven hooves found the soft, spongy purchase of moss as she looked up in awe at the creatures above her that mirrored the evening sky. Water bubbled in the distance, and for a moment, she thought that she had found heaven. The white mare in the darkness glistened and sparkled, the brightness only illuminated by the vines with star flowers.

She walked deeper inside, toward the water and drank from the falls. Sweet, amazing. Ophelia sighed, looking around the large cavern. Tinek was just as amazed, evidenced by the silence in her head. The silver dragon padded around on the moss. Ophelia watched, smiling. "Just when I thought I had seen everything..." she whispered. "The Earth God is full of surprises."

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
In the light of the glow worms. - by Ophelia - 05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Abraham - 05-02-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Ophelia - 05-04-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Abishia - 05-06-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Abraham - 05-21-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Ophelia - 05-27-2014, 11:22 PM