the Rift

[DROP] Chthonic Rites [Earth/Water Magic Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The ancient sphinx took her place within the rotunda, the beauty of the stained glass windows pallid in comparison with her dangerous, mythical grace. With the body of a lioness, the wings of a great and powerful bird, and the breathtakingly flawless face of a human, the creature was at home here. Just as this place seemed fixed in time, persisting though the world moved on around it, so was the sphinx and her purpose here. An aged magic resided within her, the essence of her arcane existence, and the creature had come to this place to pass on both the magic within and on from this stifling mortal plane.

And this particular structure, gorgeous as it was with its kaleidoscopic floor and peaceful isolation, seemed as good a place as any in this land at which to transcend.

However, such ascension could not take place without a properly adequate mortal to which the sphinx could pass on her essence. Unfortunately for herself and those who might wish to obtain what she possessed, no worthy bodies presented themselves. No matter. Time was of little consequence. This was where she would die, such as the mortals would consider a death, and how long it took was not of particular importance.

The piercing gaze of her lavender eyes roamed around, casting about for any who might draw near, for when they did, they would hear in their minds her first test:

"I never was, yet always am to be. No one has ever seen me, nor ever will, yet I am what all mortals strive to reach with every breath of lungs and beat of heart. What am I?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a drop for earth/water magic. You have 72 hours to post your character's response to this riddle.

darknightoftroy

Messages In This Thread
Chthonic Rites [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Random Event - 05-06-2014, 09:14 PM