the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Running. She was running. So much running. Her heart, her mind, her senses were racing. The trees were collapsing. Fire. Tons of fire. And her family - they were all trapped somewhere in the Edge. Somewhere where the flames were licking at their hides and trying to take them in to their comforting grasp. But, it wasn't comforting. No. These flames would burn you, they would eat your flesh. They would tear you apart and torture you in these last minutes.

But some were already being tortured. Some lay bleeding on the ground, intestines strewn and their bodies still moving - begging for the pain to stop. No. Not just begging - pleading, screaming, crying, for it all to stop. Her heart was wrenched. Limbs just barely managing to carry her as she galloped through the forest, hoping to the dear Gods that Quilyan would be saved. Hoping that Alysanne had managed to take flight and gotten out of these ashes. Hoping that Kaj wasn't trying to be a hero and save everyone. Hoping that Kahlua - KAHLUA!.

She's screaming, Her limbs are backpedaling as she just managed to stop her hooves from crashing into her beloved sister. But it isn't just Kahlua. No. Mirage is there, half-dragon-half-horse, squirming in pain as the heat continues to come in closer. The trees falling in a pattern that is slowly beginning to create a ring of fire around them. Panic is all that she can feel. She moves between Kahlua and Mirage, just barely moving out of the way as Quilyan comes tumbling from the sky - both wings broken... and the loud sound of his head smashing into the earth gives an uncomfortable CRACK! that has her wincing and screaming out his name, pleading nothingness as she sobbed.

Gods no. Gods, please, no. They can't be doing this to her. They just... can't. She feels sick, knowing that no one can fix a head that has been smashed in, neck broken and twisting the wrong way. She's running again, tears hindering her vision as she stumbles through the fallen trees - flames licking against her hide and singing her hairs. Not Mirage. They can't do this to Mirage! But she had seen her. With her own eyes. She had been right here - squirming in pain. And she knew that by this point her body had to be engulfed in the flames.

The screams are so loud. She can't handle it. She can't concentrate. Her limbs catch on a fallen tree. The weight of it too heavy and it snags her, dragging her down as the flames begin to slide in. She's screaming. Yelling. Crying. Pleading. She wants Mirage. She wants Quil. She wants Kaj. She wants Kahlua. She doesn't want Alysanne. Alysanne needs to get out of here and coming back for her would mean she would get stuck as well. She can't let that happen. She just cannot let that happen.

But she screams. She screams for Mirage. She screams for Quil. She screams for Kaj. She screams for her family. But the only one that comes is a black horse - so similar to the one who had killed Rowan. And he's laughing. Laughing. She cannot believe that he is laughing when she notices the reason. He's laughing as Valiance hangs on the tips of his horns, blood dripping down onto his face and that maniacal smile upon his maw. Feathers from Quil, from Kaj, from Aly are hanging stuck in his hair like trophies and Res is sickened.

She tries to clamber to her feet - to escape the fire, but it doesn't stop. She lunges forward - to try and pummel the dark one who has done all of this to all of her family but he easily evades her. She screams at him, blaming him for all of her pain and then gallops off again.

However, she can't make it very far. Her hooves just barely manage to catch her as she comes to a halt at the Edge of the cliff. Eyes peer over, and it is then that she sees Kaj, presumably dead next to Aly at the bottom of the rocks, bent in awkward positions as the waves crash over them. And, when she looks back to where she is all she can see is fire. Fire. FIRE. And then, that black stag again. Walking so slowly and deliberately towards her before tossing Valiance over the edge as well - as if he were a toy. She squeaks out a little sentence saying something about 'not Valiance'. But, it is the words from the stag's mouth that have her freezing in place. It is time to join Rowan and Valiance little one. Heaven knew if he even talked like that - if he really knew their names. But it didn't matter - not at all.

And, after all, it wouldn't matter for long for his horn not only stabbed directly near her heart, but his weight shoved her over the edge of the cliff she was on..

And as she was falling she jerked awake. Her screams having filled the air for at least fifteen minutes now. Resplendence jumps to her feet, cowering in a corner near the closest grove of trees. Flashes of fire were in her peripheral vision and it caused her to begin to spin round and round in place. Sweat rolling down her sides, eyes wide, ear pinned, locket sending massive waves of heat to Quilyan's wherever he was, and she sobbed. Sobbed, begging for Mirage to come back - to make the Edge whole again.

She wanted her whole family, dammit, and not broken pieces. She couldn't handle them. But, she also couldn't handle anyone coming close to her either. She wasn't really here. She was still off in her own world - off in the nightmare. It was breaking her. It was ruining her. She didn't know who she was anymore.

She just wanted it all to stop!

TAGS: OPEN
MUSE: OVERLOWING
NOTES: ;-; so sad

Image by Mockingale
Table by Moonstone Designs
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM