the Rift

[JUDGED] Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar)

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
Since my return to the Edge, the wounds marring my barrel and the sides of my mouth had begun to heal. No longer did gnats gather to feast upon them, as they had scabbed over and on the smaller cuts, black hair had already started to spring and cover them. My weight was not quite where it had been nearly a year ago, what with Ivan holding nourishment back as punishment, but with the grass growing lush throughout the Edge and all around it, it would soon be a thing of the past.

Although I no longer held the title of Wingleader, I continued to hold my head high as I resumed the early morning and late night patrols I'd so often taken upon myself before my year-long absence. It was a troubling sight to see the glass wall in such a dilapidated state any time I found myself looking at it, recalling the strenuous hours and unyielding effort put forth by all who had worked on it. I still had yet to learn of what we would be doing to prepare it, if we even would at all, and when; but until then, our borders were far less secure than they had been during the wall's short life, and I intended to keep the family I had abandoned safe at any cost once more.

But there was no doubt that I was out of practice. For the past year, I had served under the cruel hand of man, carrying him through battle after bloody battle. Fighting other equines was a whole different strategy, one where you had no direction from another, no guidance, and could put no trust in anyone but yourself. If I had any hope of truly protecting my family from threats, then I would once again need to hone my abilities.

"Me too!" Suddenly came Suli's voice, the emerald landing suddenly and lightly upon a low hanging branch near just yards away. Her mouth was stained crimson, a clear sign that she had just finished off whatever had been on the menu for lunch. Exhaling heavily, I shook my head and gave her a stern look. Perhaps it was the father in me, but I was apprehensive to have her fighting at my side. She was my best friend, my family, my daughter... and the thought of her being harmed or even killed was one I could barely even process. Still, she was no longer a hatchling, and I knew her well enough to know she would go flying into battle with me the first chance she got.

"Fine," I said at last, brows furrowed deeply and voice clearly hesitant, "But you had better be careful."

Moving on a bit further, I eventually found myself in a substantially clear area, with only a few loblolly's stuck here and there, as well as a few rocks, but it was otherwise flat with hock-length grass. The sun was near the middle of the sky, and so no matter which way I or my foe were facing, neither of us would be deterred by the position of the sun unless they be a Pegasus. Drawing to a halt with Suli taking perch in a nearby tree, I called out for a willing opponent; be they the current Wingleader, a protector like myself, another ranking member or even an unranked member of the Edge... I would be happy if somebody came forward. "Edge!" Deep voice rumbled out, accent curling just ever so slightly, "Would anybody be up for a spar? I fear my abilities have diminished."

"bloop"

[ooc - 601 words, opening post.
Setting is somewhere in the central part of the Edge. Area is mostly open save for a few trees and rocks here and there, and it is high noon!]
looking for heaven
found a devil in me
Image Credit

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Destrier - 06-20-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Kahlua - 06-21-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Destrier - 06-21-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Kahlua - 06-22-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Destrier - 07-03-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Kahlua - 07-18-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Destrier - 08-06-2014, 11:32 AM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Kahlua - 08-22-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Blu - 09-13-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Spiritus Khayyam (Open Spar) - by Sevin - 09-13-2014, 04:08 PM