the Rift

sweat, blood and rust - sacre -

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall

Upon leaving you, I wander aimlessly. I have no home to return to for patrols, nor a place to settle in for the night. I'm always moving, never taking a moment to stop and take a breath. I don't let myself relax for a moment and take in my surroundings. I'm always up and about, dancing around on cloven hooves to the rhythm of my heart. Wherever it wanted me to go, I would go with Teppei bundled up within my mane or held in a moss ball that's gripped between my teeth.

So here I stand, gazing out across the world from a perch within the heavens, my curly locks drifting in the wind and my green eyes sweep over the land. My bushy tail shakes as I turn round, stooping down to gaze at Teppei who is sleeping silently with his little maw gaping, a paw held over his face. I smile down upon him, remembering what you had said before, that they grow up fast. ‘Twas true, as I see now Teppei has grown larger in the past few months. My heart swells just thinking about the day when Teppei will have grown up, leaving me with just fragments of memories of times like this. Standing beside the little fuzzy cub with the wind gently playing with his fur, brushing my curly locks over my eyes I find peace. But it is not peace I want. I haven’t felt the rush of adrenaline or the heart racing excitement of sparring in so long, I’ve begun to miss it.

A toss of my head signals my hooves to rise, my mouth gaping and letting loose a loud call to any who are out there. "Fight me!" I call, listening to my heavily accented words echo through the valley around me, the wind sweeping away the two words and leaving me standing in silence. I shift my weight, glancing around. Maybe the only reason I’m getting myself beaten up is so that I can go running back to you, and we can have another silly little conversation with cute, innocent compliments that have hidden meanings you are oblivious to. Sometimes it hurt knowing you were probably off cuddling up with Ktulu, or maybe just wandering the Edge thinking about Ktulu and the future children you two will have together somehow. Something inside bubbles and brews, I can’t tell if its envy or anger, hatred or pain. I stand, red body painted across a canvas of greys and deep blues, faded gold dancing at my hooves. Small drops of rain begin to find their way down to earth from the clouds, signalling the storm that approaches. I turn to tend to Teppei, bundling him up in a little moss tent so that he will remain warm and dry for a bit. The rain comes harder now, and the cold water sends shivers down my spine as it collides with my skin.

"talk talk talk"
- this is a normal spar, so 3 attack posts each and one closing defense.
locket is currently on top of a hill in the fields just before a storm so its kinda wet and dark atop the hill.
496 words -

xjrlokix.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Messages In This Thread
sweat, blood and rust - sacre - - by Locket - 08-01-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: sweat, blood and rust - sacre - - by Sacre - 08-20-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: sweat, blood and rust - sacre - - by Sevin - 09-07-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: sweat, blood and rust - sacre - - by imi - 09-07-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: sweat, blood and rust - sacre - - by Blu - 09-13-2014, 11:23 AM