the Rift

Back-Hand Slap [Open]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Code:

Mama always says to use your words. Fighting’s never the answer, sweet pumpkin, now go wash for dinner or you’ll drip mud all over the grass. But what do you do when you don’t know how to use words? When you don’t even have words to use? When your brain and your tongue are knotted with different things, different stories, but you still got anger to lash and it needs to lash out or you’ll explode?

Because I saw Ma and I saw Mesec and it was two different tragedies and heartbreaks, to different ju-bi-la-tions that I don’t think my brain and body were ready to handle all at once. So I devoted myself to them; my feelings were spent on my Ma, my words on my Bro, my worries (and fear) on my Pa, and everything else that was dark and dripping and spooky and miserable on my Jiji. It was tricky and messy and tangled and I don’t think I was doing myself any favors by trying to stick a comb through it all--but it took all of me to try and make some sort of right out of it, and it was all of me that I was willing to give.

So --imagine-- how much of me was left to give a damn about some stranger. That’s right. I had approximately zero fucks to give; my basket was empty and dusty, my temper was on edge, and, fortunately, I knew how to use my words.

But I didn’t, so.

“It’s gonna be like that, hmm?” I snapped, my voice almost a spark as it left my mouth, as I turned and faced my adversary. Okay, fine, maybe calling a complete stranger my adversary was gonna spark (huehheuh) something that I didn’t really need to start, but my temper was a crossed wire ready to jerk from my grasp and flail in the air, sparking and violently free. All I knew was that mud had been slapped on my ass somehow, and, turning, this was the first face I had seen—so I figured, so it’s gonna be like that, hmm? Because my infallible logic was such that, obviously, seeing as it was only two of us, it was this stranger that had unceremoniously thrown gross-smelling swamp mud on my left buttock.

Which, naturally, invited a ceremonial ass-kickin’.

So I whirled my entire body around (and yeah, I slid in the mud a little bit, but I righted myself almost at once) and I broke for a charge toward the poor bastard, horn pointed, all fucks thrown out the window as I ran pell-mell for an altercation I didn’t even know I wanted. I think someone once said: “Damn, it feels good to be a gangster”. And I don’t know what a gangster is or if they start fights at the drop of a hat, but somehow--somehow, that quote seemed relevant to bring up.

So. Um.

[OPEN DEMIGOD SPAR

I would prefer the opponent to be a stranger, or someone she’s only met once before.

Setting: Cross-section between Ancient Rotunda and the Endless Blue. Afternoon; overcast; thunder rumbles in the distance. Lots of mud puddles dot the ground from a previous rainstorm. Soaked, slippery grass.

3 attacks + Closing defense for both.

Magic and Companions allowed!

[505/800] ATTACKS: [1/3] (lol first attack) Recap: Charges straight for opponent from the front.

Editted to tweak word count and title]

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Messages In This Thread
Back-Hand Slap [Open] - by Roskuld - 08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: Back-Hand Slap [Open] - by Morir - 08-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Back-Hand Slap [Open] - by Roskuld - 08-17-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Back-Hand Slap [Open] - by Official - 08-31-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: Back-Hand Slap [Open] - by Official - 09-08-2014, 11:59 AM