the Rift

Bright Things with Sharp Edges [Open Spar]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Just to clarify:
Surroundings: Are we on a grassy area or one of the sandy training arenas?
Time: What time of day?
Season: Orangemoon

Restrictions: Would you prefer no magic, or do you not mind?
Timeline: Regular
As we discussed in my spar thread we can make this a teaching spar, so I will post some advice at the bottom of each of my posts :D 3 posts each. Good luck!

You can either attack in your next post or I will in my next one.

The large shadow that had drifted across the Veins had not gone unnoticed by Ampere on her most recent visit. She'd had other thoughts and duties to attend to first, but now that her to do list was mostly cleared off, she thought taking a break to explore the strange structure was a good idea. At the very least it would soothe her curiosity that had been itching like ant bites, further exacerbated when she saw so many coming and going, including unicorns and pegasus.

It couldn't be harmful, she supposed as she flew, watching as a cloud formed beneath the feet of a waiting equine. Fascinated she drifted alongside the traveling ball of moisture, mystified by the sturdiness of what she had always known to be perilously unsound. Magic she knew in an instant, but that didn't answer why. Were the lands below not ample enough room for all of Helovia's inhabitants and its games, or were the gods simply showing off? Perhaps it was to be their new evacuation ground, rather than suffering underground with the rising stench of everyone crammed together. It certainly seemed more appealing, but would it keep them safe? Wraiths could fly last time she checked, although everyone seemed to have already forgotten about that most recent plight.

No one still knew why the world had plummeted into darkness, and though the gods had rescued them from it they had not even attempted to explain. Ampere had been so busy with her new role, and soon thereafter the removal of it, that even she had let it slip from her forethought. Now however, with nothing but the wind around her and the promise of a heavenly paradise ahead, the shadows slunk back into mind.

Just what was going on around this place?

"I can't fix everything," some saner part of herself suggested, to which she heartily agreed. She was having enough trouble from the doing of her own hooves, not to mention trying to convince anyone that companion bonds were worse than they seemed - she definitely didn't need to stick her nose into the affairs of the celestial, particularly when they didn't ask for it. "I've had enough of the gods for a while anyway," she muttered, thinking of her encounters with the Sun and the Earth. Unfortunately it was not so easy to forget about them, not when their presence was in everything, including the gorgeous island that spread out beneath her rising wings.

Still, she could try, and that's exactly what she planned to do the moment she heard Rei call out for an opponent. "Yes, me!" Ampere called out hastily as she soared over Rei, already turning on her left wing to prepare to land near the speckled pegasus. Fighting would be a welcome distraction, and one which she desperately needed. A soft, friendly spar would be a good way to break her back into the habit.

"I'm Ampere," she offered by way of greeting as she stepped into a trot upon the ground, gradually shifting into a walk, but never stopping as she moved around Rei. Her wings folded loosely behind her, a competitive grin already beginning to streak her face. "And I would be happy to take you on."
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bright Things with Sharp Edges [Open Spar] - by Ampere - 09-14-2014, 11:59 PM