the Rift

[JUDGED] Nightlight (Essetia)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
The night is warmer than previous eves, daylight had been filled with refreshing sights and sounds of birdsong forcing back frigid northern air. Unsheathing our frozen valley from its sleepy state. Tall timber began to show color, tiny buds of life sprang from yon limbs.

How many Birdsongs would I see? A hundred, a thousand? My life was to be eternally preserved, sustained. Whilst the world aged around me, I'd be left to soldier on with the gods. A great gift, yar, but I wasn't so foolish to not understand that with each wave of magic, there was an equal exchange. In return for more time to make a difference in this world, I'd be treated to watching my sons and daughters die of old age. Friends and family, wither away.

Roaring water tumbles from yon cliffs. A constant white noise that was ever present, and this first thaw made it ever more deafening. We'd survived our virgin Frostfall. Well, most of us did. I sighed, narrowed my gaze and funneled energy, emotion, into the earth. Letting the sounds of those elements become my salve to a throbbing wound. Dealing with her loss had gotten easier over the past few weeks. Africa was safe, yar, so was the herd. All of which are blessings. Sand rose, a tight cloud that swirled round.

Neve whistled and took to the sky from a close grouping of trees that lay just beyond this clearing, silvery white, glowing faintly against a background that is clustered with stars. She glides around the swirling mass, seeing only its beauty, being only a babe the girl is unaware of what damage my power could inflict.

Setting: Clear night, near a waterful in a small clearing.
Attack: (0/3)
@[Essetia]

Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Nightlight (Essetia) - by Midas - 12-07-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Essetia - 12-08-2014, 05:03 AM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Midas - 12-11-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Essetia - 12-18-2014, 03:28 PM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Midas - 01-01-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Essetia - 01-01-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Midas - 01-01-2015, 07:47 PM