the Rift

This is not a game [Confutatis Challenge]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

This is war.

Two names were uttered from Deimos’ lips, his memories and her own filling in the blanks. Confutatis had been captive prior to her ascension, but the pieces of the puzzle had never been in the correct order until now. Each curved edge fell heavily into place, like men on a chess board making a lethal formation, prepared to isolate and eradicate the queen. No thought which stormed in her mind was positive, having cast aside all manner of pain and suffering at the conclusion of her battle with Mauja. The tears she had shed still shamed her, and the scorch marks were still healing beneath elegantly simple lines of metal that curve her back and sides.

The tree and turtle, so happily out of place in the sea of her misery, had granted her protection she had blindly ignored – until now. Forsaken by the gods, perhaps; but fate, it seemed, was on her side this time. One half of her gray lips curled upward upon the advent of this thought, tension rising like a thousand flies buzzing around carrion. Chaos. Confutatis had tried to rip her away from home, from her mantle as leader, and for what? To steal more from the Basin? Were the white, antlered mare and her children not enough to satisfy the filth? Or, did this have to do with her half-brother? In this war of vengeance, the pale princess would deliver tenfold. Today was not the day to fuck with Ophelia the Forsaken.

Her naturally dancing gait carried her south to the Thistle Meadow, standing in the middle of a field of flowers with a grin on her face as she filled her lungs wide. In her expulsion, she bellowed. “CONFUTATIS!” The chime-like tones of her chords only served to increase the insanity that wavered on every note. “I CHALLENGE YOU FOR YOUR TITLE, YOUR PRIDE, AND YOUR DIGNITY – WHATEVER YOU HAVE LEFT!” Ophelia’s delicate cranium spun around, dual colored gaze boring into the trees, seeking her prey. The breath of any shadow brought a surge of adrenalin to her body, wiring her tight. She was a compressed spring, prepared at any second to snap and unleash terrible, violent force. For the anger over this simple failure was not the only weight that she brought with her today. Upon her shoulders was the fury of seeing Mauja again, the anger over the hypocrisy of the other herds, the run-in with Gaucho, and the fight with Torleik (despite how it turned out).

Generations of warlords and murderers bled through her veins, giving rise to the bloody crimson that adorned the ends of her untangled hair, and she curled gray lips back from her teeth, snorting once in impatience. Where was the little snake? Hiding in the trees? Would she run when challenged, like a true coward? Part of her desperately wanted to know why, but that could easily be raped from the bitch’s unprotected mind, harvested like fruit out of season and torn from the vine. The world could certainly use some brutal pruning…

Kindness, gentleness and understanding were swept away by her imperfections, yielding to the oncoming, catastrophic blizzard that howled in her soul. Fire and ice clashed, leaving only black smoke and a frozen wasteland, but never before had she felt quite so alive. The feeling was like a high, spiraling upward until she felt as though her heart would beat straight into the divine halls of the gods, and there she would stand, staring down at her opponent with naught but a smile – invincible. Raw delusions were dangerous, able to confirm or deny with brutal honesty when reality set in, but for now, she embraced her wicked confidence.

Giving way to the blackness in her soul was easier this time than the last. The pain she had endured from seeing Mauja after so long had bruised her soul too badly, unleashed too much pain. Night had cast her shadow, leaving her little choice but to pray for release as she drowned, the light fading fast beneath the sea of her despair. She thought, with a bitter taste on her tongue, that she should thank him for this newfound emotional power – this place where she could not be touched.

There is no peace here, and war is never cheap, dear. Lids snapped open again, and she let her demons run.

------------------------------------------

[[(Intro) (0/3 posts)
- Ophelia is challenging Confutatis for her title (if possible, admin?), if not, then just as a show of force
- The location is the THISTLE MEADOW just before DAWN as daylight will begin to break
- Since the stealth failed, Ophelia knows about the attempt; what happened to Arah was learned through Deimos' memories and the names and her association were given via Deimos in their leadership thread in the Basin
- It's up to you if you want to accept this challenge since Confutatis is pregnant, but another admin will reroll the foal stats if you do choose to fight! You can contact Aud or Sevin about this if you want to
]]

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
This is not a game [Confutatis Challenge] - by Ophelia - 12-26-2014, 02:38 AM