the Rift

[OPEN] Blood Colored Sky [INVASION ATTACK OPENING]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The Dauntless moved forward on the brim of the evening. The sun, brilliantly transitioning from the warmth of Tallsun to the biting of Orangemoon, was setting behind him. At his side strode Midas, or the appearance of Midas, on his other side strode his confident bitch and Kahlua. The queen pulled the cart full of items from the World’s Edge, miscellaneous items meant as an offering. The sun was setting at their backs as they moved towards the main entrance of the Hidden Falls, coming from the northern refuge of the Aurora Basin. Dew had not yet set in to the grassy knoll they strolled on, and Archibald was thankful for the excellent footing. The landscape before them was draped in the fiery hues of sunset, giving ample range of light to see, but backlighting their approach in a dramatic fashion. His face was composed as he carried himself straight and tall, head held high with all the pride and honor of being a King and muscles rippling powerfully. Loretta held herself in a similar fashion, tail curled over her back and jaw ajar with her salmon colored tongue rolling to the side.

“Ghost the Cadaverous, meet me here!” Archibald’s loud voice boomed, a deafening baritone, as he neared the entrance and called the dark hybrid out to meet him. Archibald planted his feathered hooves square and still, golden eyes moving around, scanning for the lady. He had last met the Cadaverous on the beach, and she had told him that she did not stick to confines of her territory too well. Archibald’s jaw hardened some and he hoped she would be here to meet him. The Dauntless seemed to be standing at the entrance with a peace offering, their lead stallion, his equal Queen and gifts in tow. His intention with this was to throw their trust to him, to lay their weapons and shields down in his presence. The Dauntless king nodded to Kahlua, letting her know it was time to free herself from the cart. Loretta lowered her head marginally and peered into the territory, amber eyes impassive and cold. Archibald tipped his ear to the side, watching the supposed-Midas from the corner of his eye briefly. They seemed to be alone, but their battalion lay hidden in the shadows caused by the sunset--half to right, half to the left. Their allies infiltrated from the flank, another entrance, coming in below to ribs to stab the heart. Archibald shifted his weight some, a seemingly harmless gesture, before he burst to action and became the domineering hurricane he was as a warlord.

His weight rolled forward, hind legs tucked beneath his massive frame and holding his balance. The clink of metal rang out into the eerie, evening air as his steel armor covered his frame, shifting over his scarred frame magically, erupting from the breastplate that lay so delicately on his chest. As he sent his body into a controlled canter, the stallion was transformed into what most saw him as: a hellion warlord. Loretta sprinted alongside Archibald, images flashing back and forth across their bond. Their paws and hooves moved over the ground with ease, memories of what it used to look like under the name of the Windtossed Foothills striking like a sword to whetstone in their minds. Archibald’s heart pounded in his chest as the chant of war echoed through his muscles and bounced off the walls of his mind. Today, they lay siege to offer the protection of their family. The Moon Goddess would not take anything else from them, and Archibald was the first domino in this movement to solidify his promise. I will protect you, I will guide you, I am your King.

Arching his powerful neck, Archibald’s ears pinned down behind his wolfhelm and his golden eyes narrowed. One feathered hoof struck the earth with greater force than the others, sending tremors deep into the soil that vibrated out with incredible force toward the defenders of the Falls. Moving over the trembling earth an ordeal he and his bonded were used to—and did so with no falter in their charge. When Archibald hoped he was in close enough proximity, his neck uncoiled like a deadly viper and his teeth struck out in an attempt to gain purchase on GHOST’S left-side wing joint. His massive forehooves shot out, metal-clad and dangerous as they sought to slam against her front cannons or knees in an attempt to render her legs utterly useless. Loretta snarled deep in her chest, and veered away from her bonded’s side. She curved her path some; moving up toward what she hoped was GHOST’S right side. Lunging, the red and white bitch opened her dangerous jaws wide, hoping to snap them closed on the right wing’s radius.

[INVASION OPENER. | WC: 799/800 on http://www.wordcounter.net/

- Archibald approached with the setting sun at his back to the main entrance of the Falls.

- He came appearing peaceful, with KAHLUA pulling the World’s Edge cart in tow full of miscellaneous items, and THRANDUIL disguised as MIDAS.

- Archibald is targeting GHOST.

- ARCHIBALD used his magic: :: [Magic: Earth (U) | can create earth tremors with a stomp of the hooves that unbalances and disorients the opponent] :: [Restrictions | Can only be used twice in battle, with the tremors lasting up to a full post; the tremors are strong and should cause severe disorientation] Use: 1/2

- ARCHIBALD has his ARMOR fully on, with a spark and earth amulet hidden inside.

- LAKOTA has a metal faceplate with a horn crafted by the Dragon’s Throat. HOTARU has spiked metal boots crafted by the Dragon’s Throat. KAHLUA and AVIYA have lightweight metal armor crafted by the Dragon’s Throat.

- KAJ will be a right wing with the troops: ROMANI, MURDOCK, DESTRIER, RESPLENDENCE. THOR will be a left wing with the troops: LAKOTA, CICERON, AARON, ALYSANNE.

- RESPLENDENCE and ALYSANNE will be non-fighting healers.

- DEIMOS AND OPHELIA are bringing the BASIN TROOPS and KTULU and hiding from the main force by following OXY to another entrance! ]

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Blood Colored Sky [INVASION ATTACK OPENING] - by Archibald - 04-01-2015, 07:18 AM