the Rift

[OPEN] I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

essetia

Lies were passed from one tongue to the next, all of them whispers and vague reminders of the life I’d now lost. I was a shell, a bitter oath now broken in the name of destruction and betrayal. No matter what road I walked, no matter what path I chose to climb… I was disappointed. I was hurt. I was fucking shattered. However, the void in my heart had grown too large for me to oppress any longer… only blackness remained.

Again I had been tricked and again I had chosen to believe in peace and love and life. Yet, the anger quickly replaced whatever sentiments I held for Ulrik and his band of cowards. From one captor to the next I was quickly transformed, my sharp mind a matter of the past, and our blossoming friendship quickly abolished. I was a prize, passed from one covetous embrace to the next, until I could no longer determine my own thoughts from the stifling cold of the breeze.

However, that was not all that appeared to disarm me during my short time in the Basin- no it was much more than that. All around me, Unicorns were busy preparing, but for what I wasn’t sure. There was something dark about their collective attitudes and something disconcerting about the transfer of my captivity.

Until I opened my eyes to find Midas…

................- just as broken and bitter as I.

How? How did they capture him?

No one could ever supply me with reason and no one could even find it within their hearts to explain.

The longer I waited for an answer, the more the fear and the dread infected my soul, agonizing. Hours and days all seemed to meld together, fringed in red and laced with resentment… I listened to the beating of my heart and the way it grew fainter with each rising of the sun. I was slowly wasting away in the ice and the snow and still they worked, preparing for some unknown event.

------

Another bright day had come and, soon after, plunged into the depths of despair. Storms had settled over the Basin and the wind and the rain had taken the only one I’d sought to protect and serve… I had spent so long defending his honor and lifting his name toward the heavens to forget what the Basin had ultimately taken from me… but Midas had been stricken down with the same light that he’d once admired. A light so strong and so amazing… that any other would fail to ever fill his powerful footsteps.

He was all that I'd looked for in greatness. He was its definition.

------

I waited for the better half of what felt like eternity before I could stand it no longer. I couldn’t pass the time merely grinding my teeth while the Basin grew empty and silent with hidden agendas. I couldn’t pretend that the fear I’d been plagued with had not grown just as cold as the snow beneath my hooves. This was no longer a matter of waiting for help or understanding, because there was no help or understanding to be had. I had to take my fate into my own hands…

It was time to stop groveling… It was time to stop waiting.

It was time to fight.

I had come to learn the names of my new captors thanks to Ulrik and his ‘trade’ and knew that, while I couldn’t figure out what they had planned, something was going on. I had to get home. I had to return to my family in the Falls.

I had to escape.
ONLY YOU CAN BE THE ACHING IN MY HEART
MY ENEMY, THE ONLY ANIMAL I COULDN'T FIGHT
YOU HOLD ME IN THE DARK WHEN STORMS ARRIVE

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Essetia - 04-01-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Ulrik - 04-01-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Phantom - 04-01-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Bolverik - 04-02-2015, 09:50 AM