the Rift

Drifter

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel
For the better part of the morning, it's breathtakingly humid and sunny. The only clouds to be seen are far from here; draped over the horizon.

As was the way of this natural world, a pretty face isn't meant to last -- this beautiful weather took a turn for the worse before the afternoon could hit a comfortable high. A seemingly fair holiday on the beach is ruined by a drum and the echoing chorus of drizzle falling from the charcoal sky. Those fluffy wools in west became ominous sheep. Their depthless shadows casting a wide mist over distant waves. An occasional flash of light, so brief it would've been missed by those who blinked.

Thunder sets a grim mood for the cinnamon colored figure who is smartly huddled in a shallow cliff cave. The ocean roars its fury no more than thirty feet away; stretching foamy hands to claim him -- clawing at the sand with clasping nails that rake as they are pulled back. Recoiling as a snake would, striking as far as the laws of this world would allow. But the young one hides, avoiding the wrath of nature -- as all things would when able. The stones above, quake -- trembling in their socks, yet holding firm.

Those crusty, two toned walls aren't exactly yummy to stare at, but they ARE bone dry and warmer than the frigid wind. Surprisingly dry actually...It was as if the tide once could reach each crevice in this cavern, and now it no longer did. Or rather, no longer could. There's no point mulling over it... I'm not one to think deep into things; there are larger concerns at hand. Such as my tornado and...well...I'm sure there IS something more to be concerned about. It'll come to me.

30 minutes later...

Uck. I'm bored.

Gems scan the cold shoreline, lazy, already tired of waiting for this storm to eventually blow itself out. My idle thoughts drift to a rarely accessed memory. Eyes flash across this membrane, a mirror of my own. Her pale, supple curves are plump, yet shapely enough to be considered beautiful to most men. A warm wing slides lovingly across my spine; an old shadow I'd hide in during wet weather like this...

Art Table by Riven

Timeline: Early afternoon.

Current weather conditions are cold light rain, wind, thunder and the occasionally bolt of lightening. A typical tropic storm is brewing.

Word count: 375
Attack: (0/3)
Defense: (0/1)
@[Drake]

Messages In This Thread
Drifter - by Camon - 05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Drifter - by Niskaru - 05-22-2015, 06:44 AM
RE: Drifter - by Camon - 05-23-2015, 09:59 AM
RE: Drifter - by Blu - 06-14-2015, 10:39 PM