so i wield an iron fist | dröm challenge

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

i thought i saw
the devil this morning
looking in the mirror

Kaj had expected dissent. He had prepared himself for bitterness, backlash and brutality. To a degree he was prepared to let some of it slide, the vile words and hateful glances he was sure to garner from the majority. No matter that he'd offered to allow them to stay, their stupid pride kept them from that. The primordial parts of Kaj simply could not understand their desires to outcast themselves, rather than flourish beneath his rule. As they would, clearly, if his forces had been the ones trained well enough to win. It was a frustration he had to deal with, a burden of guilt alongside it on his mighty shoulders. Retaliation had also been expected, but Kaj would not allow that to happen, to slide by unpunished. He would not be displayed into an inadequate Czar; there would be no leeway or forgiveness in attempts against him or his herd. Without Kahlua there to temper the two brutes ruling the Falls, Kaj had quickly grown to decide that the Falls would not have the same problems with throwing around their weight that the Edge had. Yes, they would preach their peace, pride themselves on diplomacy. But his soldiers would rise to the forefront with experience, with confidence. There was little doubt in his mind that Archibald would agree, and with Ktulu at the head of their forces, the Falls was in for an awakening.

So Kaj took his mantle with pride and purpose, and with a few words more growled than spoken to Archibald, Kaj had launched himself to the skies in pursuit of the mousy mare who had so soon attempted to steal him from his new flock. He would show no mercy, no compliance. There was to be no quarter for movement anymore. Kaj would set the floor, lead as example for his herd and his warriors that the Falls was to be weak and malleable no longer. They molded the stone of the land, and they would be made of it as well.

His pursuit of her was swift, resting only when his body demanded it. Though he yearned to put her in her place, as he had when Tonka had acted on Azale Moniet, Kaj would not wear out his body attempting to find her. Her last known location was all his Illusors could offer him, but it was enough. Kaj had voice enough for miles, and he would not let her escape the consequences of her actions even if he had to track and hound her across the continent. He would be relentless, and she would fall before him either in battle or in the stamina she had for fleeing him.

Knightly figure dropped from the sky, massive wings spread wide and trunk-like earthen legs shouldering the impact as he graced the earth. Nippy autumn wind tugged at his mane, and a flash of sky in his peripherals gave him further heart. Cirrus was there beside him, a symbol, and an encouragement. He was proving himself to more than just his family and the thief. An out-of-place smile stretched across his lips for a brief moment. He would show them all.

A symphony of battle cascaded from his lips from powerful longs, shaking his chest with his own vibrato as head cocked back to deliver his challenge to the skies. He would stand on equal ground with her, if only to prove that he did not need his superior blood to defeat her. “FACE ME, THIEF!” he bellowed, the lion roaring its freedom as it leapt from the cage it had been chained inside for so long. Peace had no realm to keep him captured within, on the battlefield. There was no quivering-lipped Kahlua to beg him to see mercy and facsimiles of justice. Kaj would show her the true strength of the new Falls. He would show her everything she had abandoned. And so he would also show the thief what dangers she had decided to play with when she’d targeted him. She had fled the invasion once; Kaj would not allow her to run once more.

Kaj is challenging @[Dröm] for her freedom, after her stealth attempt on him here! If Kaj wins the challenge, he will take Dröm prisoner.

Setting: Expanse of field outside of the Falls, between it and the Meadow. Long, brittle grasses, mild cold wind, afternoon.

Word Count: {684/800}
Attack: {0/4}

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
so i wield an iron fist | dröm challenge - by Kaj - 05-09-2015, 10:58 PM