Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
and i will stay up through the night
let's be clear, won't close my eyes
and i know that i can survive
i'll walk through fire to save my life

Two seasons had passed since her rather tumultuous beginning. Or so she had been told. Her newborn mind didn't and couldn't comprehend the panic that had seized her parents when her body failed to breathe right after her birth. In truth, it hadn't really phased her. Her young mind hardly remembered the look on their faces when her first breath expelled the amniotic fluid from her nostrils. Large and childlike, her teal eyes gazed at all the different faces - faces she later knew as her mother, father, brother Arty, and mother's dear friend Brisa. Life didn't slow down afterwards. It wasn't long before the Earth God built the ark to save what was worthy of being saved and wipe the rest of Helovia clean. The bay and white filly had a brief respite then, a time of love and learning - splitting her time between Alysanne and Miykael before the shit hit the fan again.

Mother left with a group, several of which were wearing things - armor, her father later explained. Father tried so hard to wear a smile on his face but she easily sensed his anxiety (father's biggest flaw is that he is an open book - only the dense and socially inept can't tell what he's feeling). Naerys tried to be brave, tried not to worry, but when she finally saw her mother's black and white form slipping through the fog a few days later (she would swear up and down that it had been weeks), she could no longer contain it. Their reunion had been an emotional one, one that washed her clean of the stresses and anxieties she had been dealing with. Ever since then, things had calmed down a bit.

Finally.

The brown and white filly wandered through the trees of her foggy home, oblivious to the fear of the Moon Goddess that had sent most of the herd on a rampage to invade and take over the Hidden Falls. They had fled and, with only two seasons of experience, she couldn't understand why. The fog rolling over the land and hugging the trees, the steep cliff that drops into the ocean, the nearness to the northern mountains - Naerys loves everything about the World's Edge. It is home to her, not just a place.

She wanders, making great effort to keep clear of the crumbled mess of the glass wall. It provided a decent guide for her, at least, showing her exactly where the boundaries are so that she can more efficiently stay exactly where she wanted to. She wasn't ready to leave it yet, perhaps for fear that something would happen to prevent her from coming back. With her brown wings tucked firmly against her sides and a single passionflower tucked into her hair just behind her right ear (carefully placed and woven by mother's little owl, Hemlock), Naerys makes her way towards the cliffs. Vibrant teal eyes, still large with youth, constantly shifting - observant of the smallest flowers, grasses, and pebbles of her beloved home. Her step is bouncy and excited despite the contentment surging through her veins.

Naerys arrives near the cliffs' edge and stops, enjoying the sea breeze as it slides its' fingers through her hair and tickles her feathers. She is surprisingly alone, even her parents' bird companions are nowhere to be seen. There is no trace of fear in her, though. She is calm. She is content. She is at home.

@[Torleik]

you did not break me
i'm still fighting for peace
Image Credits

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
still fighting for peace - by Naerys - 05-12-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: still fighting for peace - by Torleik - 05-19-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: still fighting for peace - by Naerys - 06-04-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: still fighting for peace - by Blu - 08-15-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: still fighting for peace - by Torleik - 09-06-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: still fighting for peace - by Naerys - 09-07-2015, 11:21 PM