Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

T
O
R
L
E
I
K

The World's Edge neighbored the Endless Blue, and it was where sand met the broken and ever-present waves that Torleik found himself on the morning of his newest challenge. Memories flooded his senses, first meetings, angry words, deep confusion. It was here that he'd learned Helovia was rather...prejudiced. It was here he'd learned to be generally wary of the women he came across. It was here he'd learned a psychotic mare could be hiding a fucking dagger in his tail and try to cut you with it for...just being you, it seemed.

A rueful smile curved his black lips. Oh, Helovia. Add in an excessive amount of ale and that sounded like a typical celebration after a battle, or a wedding back in his homeland. Dark, furred ears listened serenely to the lull of the waves sloshing in their Sisyphean task against the sand, taking with them just as much silt as they were likely to deposit upon flinging their tendrils out to the earth. The peace that rhythmically stepped into his soul mirrored that of the water, as it always had - but he could not remain here. His new land required vigilance, and though his personal patrol had begun here in the Endless Blue, it could not linger any longer. Picking up his hooves, the ground freezing and thawing beneath them with each step, the Black King began his trek. It would take him more than one rise and fall of the sun to skirt the Edge; that was expected. So when night fell, he took a brief rest, and continued on again, napping once more before dawn broke.

The crumbling glass wall guided his every step, outlining quite clearly where his land both began and ended. Another day came and went, the Bloodskald catching snatches of rest here and there, inspecting the minutia of his new kingdom as he traveled. Torleik felt another sort of homecoming when, the sun not quite at its zenith in the sky on the third day, he reached the mountainous range that prevented the wall from continuing. North of here was the Basin.

The Aurora Basin. Where he'd walked in and almost immediately started a fight. Where the Lord of the land could kill something just by being near it. Where the power had shifted hands almost the moment he'd arrived. Seemed that was a common theme for him and joining herdlands...

Snorting, Torleik's eyes narrowed in curiosity as he spotted a figure in the distance, possibly traveling from the direction of his old home. While he was reminiscing, why not live out his memories one last time or two before wholly moving on? Picking up a trot, the King of the World's Edge excitedly snapped his tail against his haunches, calling out to this newcomer. "You! Do you hail from the Basin? I wonder as to what kind they're recruiting these days. Care to spar a former Basiner and see how you stack up?"

The challenge was issued with good humor and exuberance that belied his more mature age. Torleik was hopeful this unknown would take him up on his thrown gauntlet - the invasion had been a disappointment with no one to fight and he had been itching to remedy that pathetic display for some time now. His bones also ached to take him back to the snow-capped mountains, that he might speak with Deimos and Ophelia, and bid goodbye to his cousin and brother. Another time. Now could not see his departure so very soon.

This assumed Basin member would have to quench his craving for a touch of his former home.

-----------------------------------------------------
@[Ashamin]

WC: (604 in Word) || Opening post

Setting: Just outside of the WE border nearest the Frozen Arch/Basin at about 10am. Terrain is a little rocky and the area is generally clear of trees. Weather is cool and crisp.

Summary: Torleik begins his patrol in the Endless Blue and ends his patrol at the World's Edge mountain range just south of the Aurora Basin/Frozen Arch after about two days of leisurely patrolling/exploring. He encounters Ashamin here, just outside the WE border nearest the Basin and issues a challenge for a friendly spar because testosterone and reminiscing about rowdier times.

OOC: I suck at opening posts. They always feel so awkward for me. Feel free to attack in your first response post if you'd like! And I'd be more than happy to still give you any sort of pointers if you want me to in this spar, though it'd be my first time doing so and I'm not sure how helpful it'd be!

Hey I'm talking here

Table by Jen
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
You've found what you're looking for [Torleik vs Ashamin] - by Torleik - 05-19-2015, 09:24 PM