World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

"No, Jiji. No. This isn't...this isn't done. This is only the beginning."

I hadn't realized just how right Ros had been when she told me that it was only the beginning. Or ... maybe I hadn't wanted to believe her that Hototo's death was only the beginning of all the bad stuff that was going to happen, but it was. The Falls was invaded, my dad died, and my son disappeared all within days of one another. I know it was my own personal tragedy, one that didn't affect everyone the same way the Moon Goddess' murderous rampage did, but ... I couldn't help but think that it was the beginning. The beginning of something much worse, of something that would affect everyone in my herd... in Helovia.

I needed to be stronger. I needed to be able to fight and protect everyone I cared about instead of running and hiding and hoping for everyone else to protect me. I needed to not be weak. I remembered thinking that if I got stronger Ros wouldn't have to worry about me so much... and that maybe I could find her and fight beside her and protect her.

The idea that I needed to get stronger never left my mind and I pondered for days over who I could ask to spar with me and teach me. When I finally came to the decision that it should be Gaucho I thought that I had to be losing my mind. Gaucho was a force to be reckoned with, an experienced fighter, and my Sultan. I was sure that he had more important things to do than to teach a rookie how to fight... but there was no one else that came to mind that I wanted to learn from.

So I called for him. "Gaucho!" and as I waited I looked down at my hooves and the sand. I became more and more aware of the sun, high overhead, beating down relentlessly on my back. I wondered if I had picked the right time of day and the right place and if I was truly ready to throw myself into a fight that I knew would result in me getting my butt kicked. I sighed and lifted my head and looked to see if I could find Gaucho's form approaching.

"."

ooc://
0/3
Word Count: 375
Setting: Dragon's Throat desert at Noon.
Magic and companions allowed.
This will be a teaching spar for Jiji :D
@[Gaucho]
@[Aud] tagging your admin account to make sure you see this.

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
the beginning [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 05-31-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 06-02-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 06-08-2015, 10:59 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 06-14-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Blu - 07-27-2015, 09:03 PM