Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
and i will stay up through the night
let's be clear, won't close my eyes
and i know that i can survive
i'll walk through fire to save my life

Frostfall. A time when even the Edge can grow cold enough to chase Naerys to warmer pastures. Sure, her winter coat had come in. Sure, it helped keep her warmer. No, it still wasn't enough. With this being her first Frostfall, Naerys was quickly discovering that she is, without a doubt, a Pegasus suited to warmer temperatures. More of a fair weather filly, if you will. Needless to say, she decided to simply roll with the desire to find someplace warmer and headed south - exiting the World's Edge for the first time on her own. Reaching the broken remnants of the glass wall, she pauses, teal eyes focusing a little too closely on the fragments. The mere thought of stepping over it sent her heart racing, throbbing and achy in her chest. The Edge is all she's really known and the symbolic weight of that single movement is almost too much to bear.

Almost.

Without further hesitation, she steps over and begins her journey south.

Naerys didn't really have a single destination in mind. The purpose is to head towards the (slightly) warmer weather further south of the Edge. Perhaps it was foolish to simply wander but her keen eyes take in the snow-covered details along the way - expanding on her mental map of Helovia. Naerys, unlike her mother, is unlikely to get lost. Like her mother, the odds of her running head first into trouble are fairly high - a fact that her father will be just thrilled to discover but that's his fault for making it his job to rescue mother and anyone like her. Father, the ever-faithful knight-in-shining-armor. By the gods, sometimes she wonders how she isn't an orphan yet.

After a short time had passed, the filly slipped through the tightly packed trees surrounding the pond of the Secret Grove. So far, there is little relief from the cool bite of Frostfall. The snow remains thick and heavy, causing many of the boughs to sag. The pond itself has frozen over. Naerys finds no desire to test how thick (or thin) the ice is, so instead she walks along its' shore. It isn't long before the brown and white filly is on the southern side of the pond and continuing on her way. Nothing caught her attention. Weaving through the trees, brown and cream wings tucked firmly against her sides in an effort to warm up a bit.

The further south she travels, the more she notices the slight changes. The depth of the snow reduces, though it's a subtle reduction - one that only a few would be likely to notice any difference at all. The Frostfall chill in the air remains largely the same. Ruffling her feathers in disappointment, the filly exhales sharply - expelling a steamy puff of breath from her nostrils - continuing movement until an odd structure interrupts her view. Ahead the rotunda stands, nestled into the trees with its' white-stoned columns blending discretely with the pristine snow. With snow on the roof of the structure, the rainbow colors of the glass mosaic are hidden - masking the rotunda further.

Curiosity gains the upper hand, however, and Naerys finds herself moving towards the structure without ever making the decision to do so. Approaching the long and flowing drapes softening the entrance, the filly hesitates for only a moment, sniffing and nosing the drapes almost expecting something odd to happen or someone to jump out at her. When neither happened, the brown and white girl slipped through. Inside, the stone floor is hard - a stark contrast to the cold but fluffy snow outside.

That's when she sees it.

An egg.

How odd and seemingly out of place. The cream and brown speckled egg is of a smaller size though larger than a Robin's egg. It is a plain egg, though seemingly untouched. At first glance it seemed perfect and her thoughts momentarily stray to where its' mother might have run off to. It did not sit in a nest, though. Leaving Naerys to believe that it had, in fact, been abandoned. Taking a few steps closer, she lowers her nose towards it, allowing herself a closer inspection.

It's cracked. As a winter breeze ruffles the drapery of the odd structure, her heart sinks. Whatever it was, it couldn't possibly have survived in this cold. Not all alone and not without the warmth and buffer of a nest. It is quick to prove her wrong. The egg quivers, and the crack spreads and branches out but all Naerys can manage to do is stare helplessly at the little egg.

@[Alysanne], @[Knox] - Decided to have her find her companion egg and have it hatch in the same thread so Naerys will need Aly's help in figuring out how to care for the baby. If anyone else wants to join, pm me. I'll probably say yes but I don't want too many people in this thread. xD

you did not break me
i'm still fighting for peace
Image Credits

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
we are all liars here - by Naerys - 06-06-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Knox - 06-12-2015, 08:13 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Alysanne - 06-14-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Blu - 08-15-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: we are all liars here - by Naerys - 08-16-2015, 09:33 PM