the Rift

[OPEN] promise me i'm breathing

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

You're all that still matters

Time had stopped. The cold came in and held it firmly, gripping icy fingers around the hands of an enternal clock until it could no longer tick in their lives. Sikeax had waited patiently for this, but when it came, there was some sort of melancholy about the whole thing.
Last year, there had been snowflakes in the heart of the desert's fire, twinkling down as if they dared to defy all that ever went on in the fire. Oh, but now, there was a hatred to Frostfall. The winds gave her no compassion. Sand dug into her eyelashes and stabbed her eyes to the point that tears streamed out of them like waterfalls.
Late at night, it screamed in their ears, wailing like some vengeful horror had descended upon the south as a whole. She wouldn't define her own fear as real, but it laid somewhere in her chest.
This wasn't something she could take forever. A desert could be a beast of many harsh faces depending on what you caught it doing, but she'd learned to accept and love each of those beasts.
But no, don't make her take this.
She leaves without even thinking. The drive to escape is too real. Hobgoblin doesn't even complain when she wakes him through the distant screaming wind, pressing a runny nose against his hide and whispering in his ears for him to wake up and forget this place as a whole.
The flight over is in silence. Ice clots the vein that separates the Throat from the rest of the world, shivering as her flaming wings only burn, burn, and burn without even taking the time to carefully kiss her frozen skin, to remind her that she isn't dead like the rest of the world. If they chose to fail her then and release her into the ice, then what complaint could she make?
Not a single one. Something needs to remind her that she is alive.
When she pushes through the dead grass surrounding the caves, no noise pours from her. What might of, such as her tired breathing, the sound of dried grass crunching beneath her hooves, is all drowned out by that one endless wail.
Her brother succumbs to her feelings in the end, crumbling to floor of the cave when she finally steps in, greeted by silence. He turns to her with dull, tired eyes, blinking softly with an expression that almost asks what they're here for, why she had to bring them into hiding.
She can give him nothing but her guilt. Her mind is empty and she digs for that reason, but there is nothing there. Words that might of been apologies can't even be found to be morphed into what she feels needs to be said.
Steam rises from her nostrils when she finds it, sighing as the low hum of cascading water hits her ears and mist unfolds about her legs. Wonder and awe hits her. He swings by in rabid curiosity, releasing surprised chirps as his bonded breaks beneath her own weight, groaning as moss grazes her sides.
Her own excitement can't make the party. While there is nothing there for him to eat in his current form, his joy is endless, bursting at the seams as the twinkling flowers fill his heart with wonders she can't figure out how to experience.
She'd have to try better next time.

OOC: Attempting to regain my muse and get a feel of Sikeax for the season.
Open to anyone.
Hobgoblin is his Wyvern form.

notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
promise me i'm breathing - by Sikeax - 06-10-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Tiamat - 06-18-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Sikeax - 07-19-2015, 06:01 PM