the Rift

[PRIVATE] I want it now, Daddy!

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI

It has been growing progressively colder, and you find yourself shivering a little as you stand at the edge of the freezing pond. Now nearly fully fledged, your dark wings offer some protection against the chill, and you hug them to your sides, feathers puffed for warmth as you look to the gray heavens. The air feels sharp and metallic, but the clear skies of Orangemoon are gone. Instead, thick clouds hang low over the Falls, pregnant with the first snowfall you will ever experience. Oh, you’ve seen the stuff of course, mostly on your trip to the Steppe with Mama, but you have no concept of how all the white got there. It simply is, just as you are—you are not one much for questioning your place in this world.

Well, except for when it comes to Papa, you guess. Your father is the one thing that has consistently puzzled you, being that he is the only member of your small family who has no wings. You didn’t pay much attention to it at first, but as your own feathers have grown in and your flight muscles have begun to develop, you have to wonder. At first, you reason that you are a girl and Mama is a girl, and so you have wings and…but there your logic falls apart. You know plenty of boys with wings, like Ilios and Kaj, so it couldn’t be that. Brow furrowed, you contemplate again, reaching down for a drink of water.

And then it hits you. Your own reflection stares back at you, and it suddenly occurs to you that maybe Illy is the answer. Mama has wings, so he has wings. And Papa has a horn, so Illy does too. But then that means…your worried face stares up at you, wondering: where’s your horn?

You've got to find Papa.

@[Ciceron]

[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
I want it now, Daddy! - by Areli - 06-11-2015, 01:21 AM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Ciceron - 06-12-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Areli - 06-13-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Areli - 06-23-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Ciceron - 06-15-2015, 06:58 PM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Blu - 08-09-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Ciceron - 08-15-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Areli - 08-21-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: I want it now, Daddy! - by Ciceron - 10-05-2015, 08:02 PM