the Rift

Same Old War (Ki'irha)

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

Roland did not hear the approach of another pair of feet, so enthralled as he was in carving out a path through the snow. A cool wind blew across the curve of his back as he worked, barely strong enough to take notice of, but it swept across the indent of his footprints like icy tendrils of mist, carrying snowflakes in its current. It was oddly peaceful, and once the exertion of his work began to take its toll on him, Roland hardly paid mind to the chill. The snow drifts piled high around the trees served to muffle any sounds of advance, and the young mare was almost upon him before he felt her presence, a dark trace of movement in the corner of his eye. The voice that met his ears spoke as if they were familiar with each other, and at first Roland looked up and cast his gaze around the expanse of the valley, expecting her to be addressing another. Yet her sterling eyes were fixed upon his face, and her following question seemed directed towards his actions. Roland threw her an affable, if somewhat bemused smile, and drew to a halt. She seemed to be a fragment of the night sky itself standing before him, in such stark contrast to the pale, lifeless hues of Frostfall. Her frame was slight and delicate, ivory hair tumbling down her neck and a dark horn rising from her brow. Roland wondered how on earth he was supposed to trade blows with her when he feared a single tap might send her off her feet. Perhaps he had grown too accustomed to facing taller, stouter opponents than himself, mountains of sinew and muscle, while she seemed a mere featherweight in comparison. She was a fair sight better than the winged beast he had once encountered on the ocean shore, but he hoped she was sturdier than she looked.

Or perhaps she had not come to fight at all, but rather, remark on his artistic prowess. She gestured towards the circle he had worn into the snow, a haphazard littering of footprints, imperfect and uneven, but still distinguishable. Roland chuckled quietly to himself, shaking his head. "Thank you. I thought I would create a platform of sorts. Wading through knee deep snow isn't exactly my idea of fun."

She joined him in the ring, turning her attention away from his crudely orchestrated landscaping and towards introductions. Her name was an odd one to his ears, and he wondered what realm she might have hailed from to be given a title like that; or indeed, how she had been gifted with such a distinctive appearance. It was almost as if the Gods themselves had infused stars into her skin, which did not seem a likely natural occurrence to Roland. He ceased his conjecture to return the favour with a bow of his head, ever the gentleman, even when he couldn't feel his ears. "A pleasure to meet you. I am Roland."

The mare held what seemed to Roland an esteemed rank, and he began to suspect that perhaps her looks were deceiving. "It was an invitation," he responded with a humoured curl of his lips. "I suppose you accept, seeing as you are here, Corporal?" He swung his hips outwards and endeavoured to face her straight on, attempting to draw a leisurely step closer. The snow was relatively solid under his weight, providing a reasonable amount of traction in most areas, and Roland dug his hooves in until he was satisfied with his stance. "I hope I don't disappoint. My expertise lies in other areas," he admitted, and then he was pushing himself forwards and up, forelegs leaving the ground as he aimed to throw his left shoulder against her front. With any luck the blow would send her staggering backwards, a test to see just how sturdy she was on those slender limbs.

He had been determined to abolish the barrier of empathy that seemed to exist between himself and his opponent, but now, upon seeing her, he did not find it so easy to throw all care and concern to the wayside and do his worst. He would have to warm himself up to it.

His landing was softened by the snow, and Roland danced several steps to the right in an attempt to put some distance between them. Once at the edge of the circle, he turned on his heel to direct a mischievous look at Ki'irha. "Mind you don't step out of the lines," he called out with a wink. It would keep them close, and while Roland had forgotten much of the battle training he'd received as a child, he had always been best at close combat. This would lock her in with nowhere to run.

---

@[Ki'irha]

[WC: 800/800
Attack: 1/3
Summary: Positioned directly in front of her, Roland lunges at Ki'rha and attempts to ram his left shoulder into her chest. Then he takes a few steps to his right, standing at the edge of the circle, and turns to face her.]

Push your luck if it makes you a promise
that turns con men honest.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Same Old War (Ki'irha) - by Roland - 06-22-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Same Old War (Ki'irha) - by Ki'irha - 06-23-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Same Old War (Ki'irha) - by Roland - 06-29-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Same Old War (Ki'irha) - by Ki'irha - 07-03-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Same Old War (Ki'irha) - by Blu - 07-27-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Same Old War (Ki'irha) - by Blu - 08-05-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: Same Old War (Ki'irha) - by Blu - 08-29-2015, 01:21 PM