the Rift

[OPEN] Nah nah honey I'm good

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel
camon.
Its been a long long week

Weary eyes behold black shapes over the breast of another snowy mound -- a tight smile creases these cracked lips and hope dares to flourish like a butterfly emerging from his cocoon. There is no words for that surge of instantaneous relief when the familiar webwork, vine and willow meet our (slow) approach. "Finally," exasperation was tight, almost to the point of stain. This soul takes comfort from the knowledge that we are getting closer. Flared nostrils could almost smell the ocean (not really).

All blessings are celebrated....BESIDES the air is notably warmer -- where snow had at one point almost pressed into the top of my knees, it now lay below our feet. Slushy. Trampled with every step. "Not far now," true it was nearly a week (more like two on foot) away. I'm in the mood for celebrating those small victories. "I found my bubble wind here." Failing at humor. Though the tone of my voice suggests no reply is required, these emeralds slide to her with a complacent and for the first time in four days, relaxed look. Far less aging than the somber one I've been wearing.

Four agonizing days after entering the (frozen hell) meadow, we've finally made it to the other side. Exhausted -- but alive. The weight I've carried into this winter is overdrawn; spent on our journey through the Deep Forest and Thistle Meadow (as Zahra had been so kind to point out). Those territories lay behind us, thank my cock, not an ice covered thistle in sight. Snow from here on would be mostly an annoyance, nothing more. The early afternoon sun is hanging bright against her robin egg canvas. Warming on our lean spines, raising our spirits.

Where I'd lost weight, Zahra managed to gain. Courtesy me and countless hours spent foraging for only the best this land could offer. (Which was meager in my opinion.) Her cheerful mindset and gratitude for all gifts did well to water encouragement -- that alone did save this life she so boldly clung.

Yep, I know what your thinking...I'd been suckered.

Table by Wanda. Art by Angel

@[Enna] - sorry it took so long!
@[Zahra]

Messages In This Thread
Nah nah honey I'm good - by Camon - 06-30-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Blu - 08-09-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Zahra - 08-10-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Zèklè - 08-10-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Nah nah honey I'm good - by Enna - 08-11-2015, 02:19 AM