the Rift

[OPEN] Frostfall's Kiss

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

"Next time, pay attention to what you're doing. Goofball." I muttered under my breath as I studied a small wound on Pongo's leg. My companion didn't appreciate my sarcastic remark, giving me a snort to express his disdain towards me. With nothing more than a roll of my eyes, I stepped away from him to scavange the plants of the Oasis. His leg was already cleaned, but I sought a specific plant to make sure that the wound would not get infected. "Don't be that way, if it was something serious I wouldn't be poking fun. It's just a scratch, but you really should be more careful."  Settling on an Aloe plant, I carefully placed my lips around one of the smaller, tender leaves. Jerking my crown to the side, the plump leaf easily snapped off of it's host and allowed me to bring the healing plant towards the bongo.

Softly I chewed at the plant, feeling the innards begin to squish into a gel that I gently began to squeeze onto Pongo's scratch. Spitting out the aloe leaf, I was pleased to see Pongo return to his feet with a satisfied look on his face. "There now, just remember you need to mind the cacti around these lands. I don't want you hurting yourself to become a habit." With that being said, I reached down to nuzzle my best friend between his large ears.  My nuzzle was met with a surprisingly loud gurgle, and I realized that it was his stomach growling with hunger. With a silent toss of my head, I knew that we needed to find something for him. My own stomach clawed away at me from the inside out, resorting to burning through any reserves of fat that may have still lingered on my thinning frame. My time alone in the desert had taken it's toll on my body, with my ribs just beginning to show through my coat. I knew that I could hold off a little longer, this was not the first time I had done without, but this was the first time that I was responsible for the life of another. Inspecting the other plants, I guided my companion towards a dry, yet still edible, bush.

With Pongo now eating, I stood protectively over him to block any chill winds that may arrive. While the desert may not have been the coldest environment in the Helovian lands, it was not a stranger to the icy kiss of Frostfall. Looking back over my shoulder for any familiar faces that may be wandering nearby, I began to wonder if anyone else in the herd was struggling with hunger.

@Mesec and anyone else wanting join in! Morrigan needs to actually know her herdmates, it's been long enough lol.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Frostfall's Kiss - by Morrigan - 08-15-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Frostfall's Kiss - by Odd - 10-12-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Frostfall's Kiss - by Mesec - 10-18-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Frostfall's Kiss - by Morrigan - 10-29-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Frostfall's Kiss - by Mesec - 11-18-2015, 07:43 PM