the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion)

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

During the course of the battle the Goddess had kept a careful watch over her son, Mesec. There were many who called her heartless, but those that did were either blind, or stupid, for she was not. While it was true that she would never shy away from the darker responsibilities that came with her position as Goddess, that did not mean she didn't care. She had watched Mesec become something horrible - something twisted and monstrous during the battle. However it seemed that whatever confusion his comrades felt about his transformation, the mini-wolves were even more startled. As Mesec rampaged around the battle field, he drew the attention of more than half of the wolves, halting them in their strides and allowing those around them to kill them. So she had allowed this magic to persist, even when it meant that Mesec collided and attacked fellow Helovian's. However as soon as the last wolf died, the Goddess took action.

"MESEC." She shouted loudly, her voice like an oncoming storm as she rounded on the monstrous creation. A swell of black and lavendar smoke swirled from her lithe form and raced towards the monster before it could try and attack her. It cloaked it, filling its pours and racing down its throat. Quickly it began to contort and shrink, returning Mesec to his proper form. With a knowing smile, the Goddess nodded to her son, before turning her attention back to the battlefield.

A gust of black wind blew quickly through the field, gathering items of value that had been discarded by the dying body of the Wolf God. The acidic blood of the wolf might prove useful later - vials fell by the hooves of Ophelia, Ampere, Tembovu, Cera, Dvorak and Torleik. The Wolf's fangs too, would make interesting tokens. These fell by Soren, Volterra, Erthe, Aviya, and Ranjiri. The Goddess eyed Mortuus Nox - a creature who had apparently needed protection during the battle. To him, she dropped the God's hide, which she had fashioned into armor. To Najya, a sword created from the rib of the God fell. With an amused sneer, she dropped a mask made of the Wolf's skull by Meg - hoping that perhaps it would dull some of the ridiculously bright magic that her body had emitted during battle. Her silvery gaze scanned the battle field, feeling for Knox but knowing that he was likely invisible. A puff of black smoke reached for him, melding into his soul - for his loyalty, she increased the strength of his magic. Behind her, were Res had moved during the battle, the Goddess nodded, offering her magical strength as well.

So many among them had tried to save others rather than fighting the wolves. That, or they had attacked her. Only a few had stayed the course and not been distracted by petty political problems. Maren, Isopia, and Volterra; the small pale child who had tried to protect her from an oncoming attacker; then there was Hotaru and Ophelia - two who were personally affected by the events of the past few seasons, and yet who had their priorities in order and attacked the wolves, rather than her (or at least, that's how she remembered it happening).

Rounding on those who had attacked her - @Mirabella, @Lakota, @Ktulu, @Archibald, @Cera, and @Aithiniel, her gaze bore into each of them as her petite frame seemed to swell with power. "Thanks to my brothers, you were not afforded the chance to palaver with me regarding the events that led up to - and happened on - Sky Island. You will have one chance to speak your piece with me on this. You know where to find me. Until then, expect nothing from me."

With a smile towards her son and all those who had fought bravely, the Goddess nodded. A warm breeze rushed past those loyal to her, healing their wounds and reinvigorating their souls. She knew this would not be the last Rift to open. They would need their strength.

In a swirl of violet and onyx, the Goddess disappeared.

For all those who ATTACKED the Goddess (the list highlighted above) - if you have magic that has dark or wind elements in it, it will not work properly (much like how the magic worked during the dark magic plot. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't, sometimes it will backfire, etc). If you have purely darkxwind magic, your magic will stop working entirely. You may visit the VOTG to talk to the Goddess about the murders. If you do and the conversation goes 'well', your magic will be reinstated. If you don't, it will permanently be 'wonky', and the Goddess will never answer a VOTG request from you.

Messages In This Thread
SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by God of the Moon - 09-13-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Nuray - 09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Jaeger - 09-16-2015, 06:51 PM