the Rift

Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
She had come directly to the Diviner’s Fire after the battle with the Wolf God, and for some inexplicable reason she had come with the beast’s skull. It had been stripped of flesh and adorned with a gleaming black and yellow feather crest but that was the least remarkable thing about it. She’d had to wear the mask to get it home and is had covered her with a back smoke so reminiscent of the Moon Goddesses magic, Meg had nearly cast it off and let it fall into the ocean. Something had held her back…there was still something unseen to be discovered though she could not say how she knew, and so she had brought it to the fire.

The blaze of the Sun’s Fire had always warmed Megaera, comforted her, and it recent months she had come her often to pray for hope and guidance. She needed both now more than ever and so after the battle she had come here and she had not left. She had flown through the night and arrived at the fire in the breaking light of dawn. Healed of her hurts by the Moon Goddess she had not needed to seek any other company but the cracking flames and it had been her luck that none had come to distract her from her prayers.

Her vigil lasted for hours, began as the sun broke the horizon and the Sunspear would not abandon it until it sank and rose again. The polearm she had wrestled from the golden stallion lay in the sand at her side as well and the mask and the sweat and blood soaked armor she had peeled off. Meg, herself, was equally filthy. She had worn her armor since she had left to investigate the Bloodfalls and her coat showed it: caked with dust and dried sweat she held none of her usual luster. Dark dried blood clung to her front legs and splatters of it seemed to reach everywhere her leathers hadn’t covered. This was the battlemare, the Wild Sultana, and she wanted her fucking god to show his face.

Hour after hour she stared into the fire, boiling over the recent events. Twice the Gods of Helovia had expanded their world and twice it had resulted in bloodshed when these Rift gods would not give up what was theirs. Not only that, but it had brought sickness to Helovia, festering boils that left the infected ranges and raw. What was the meaning of this? Why hadn’t that at least been warned?

Where in seven hells was the Sun?

That question burned through Megaera as she glared into the flames. Stubborn as a mountain she would not relent, as if standing her and silently demanding it would make him show himself, make him make him help her. She had called for a meeting on the next sunrise, any at the battle would know to come and her beacon would collect the rest. They would come, she knew, and she so desperately wanted to have answers for them when they came.

- - - - - - - - - -

When the sun began to rise for the second time after the Wolf God's battle, Meg finally turned from the flames. She'd get no answer from her God now, so she would have to make sure her family was ready for whatever lay ahead. With Gaucho's help, and Ampere's... for every soul under the sun's protection she would have to met aside Meg for a while, she would have to be The Sunspear.

Pale streaks of light were just beginning to crest the horizon and she threw up her head, letting her sunlight join them, dwarf them. The pillar of light burst into she sky and with it her call went up, her lungs throwing her voice as far as they could. "Dragon's Throat! To me!!"When the light withdrew her head fell. For a few quiet moment she stood in the pale morning light to catch her breath. Why does my magic always take so much? When others wield forces at the drop of a hat, the light I love leaves me drained... But she had no time to ponder that now, (maybe it the sun god ever mad an appearance she could ask him). Her eyes lifted to scan the horizon, waiting for her family to appear.

[everyone arriving...]

She had never called the Throat together like this, never used this right as Sultana, and though her vigil she had prayed for the strength, the composure to meet the task. Whether the Sun had heard her or not, she faced them all, with the Diviner's fire at the back. When they began to assemble, she spoke, voice strong and and even a little hard. "My family... I know some of you are aware, for you fought beside me just two days past, but twice now, Helovia has been confronted with changes. I fear they might not be changes for the better, for now both the God of the Spark and the Goddess of The Moon have expanded Helovia's borders and both times a battle has resulted. They seem to have taken new lands but also brought its inhabitants and its monsters to our door." She paused to glance around, picking out the faces of those she had seen fighting the Wolf and those she had been told had met the Bear; each received a nod of thanks from the Sultana. "I do not know if the foreigners will mean us ill, but they should be treated with caution. It seems disease has also been brought to Helovia by these events. If any are infected, have our healers examine you and I want contact with any outside our borders limited until a cure can be found."

"Two Helovian Gods have incited these strange happenings, but there are four at my count. I do not believe we have seen the last of these foreign beasts so all should be on guard. I will not confine you all to the island but all should exercise extreme caution. If this happens again there's no telling where or when and I will not have our home left undefended. Ampere, make sure patrols of our borders are filled and attended. Healers, be sure you are well stocked and ready." The Sunspear gave a fierce snort, wild and angry as she looked, it should have been clear in her voice that she was in a foul temper. It was a temper brought on by frustration and fear for those around her, those she loved, but it manifested in her rough manner all the same. "If anyone has any news, any information, let them speak."

M E G A E R A
knock me out, knock me out
sayin that i want more, this is what i live for

patriota--studios
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-15-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Einarr - 09-15-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sikeax - 09-16-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ampere - 09-16-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ilios - 09-18-2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sacre - 09-18-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Cera - 09-19-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-19-2015, 09:17 PM