the Rift

[JUDGED] aggravated hallucination [ Rikyn vs. Ki'irha ]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn

My symptoms cease to remain the same, fluctuating rapidly as an erratic heartbeat; the fear that I am going to die heightens with each change, every heavy, hurting cough.

The cough is constant, as is this fluid that drips like slick tar from my ears and mouth, my nose and eyes. 

The lack of odor about the world has bloomed into a vivid horror, every inhalation through my nostrils sharp and distinct, so much so that it had given me a headache that resounds like razor blades through my brain.

I am blind, yet not truly so; the world is a pitch black blanket, as if steeped in a moonless, starless night, obstacles visible to me only as faint, ghostly outlines of silver.  Occasionally, the hot red and molten blue gleam of life flashes through the pitch, the figures distinct – squirrels, birds, other unicorns and pegasi – all of them broken by the black lines of the obstacles that stood between they and I, indistinguishable in this cursed darkness.

My heart thuds loud in my ears, my eyes pull shut and I stop, trying to focus on something in the deluge of grass, beings, shit, dirt, air, flowers…something familiar, something that oddly inspires a violent rage in me.

Aureate eyes fly open, the glaze of black film breaking in patches, dripping from the corners of my eyes in an endless trail of weeping that has begun to wear the black hair away in their wake, revealing the dark gray skin below, itching, burning.

She is there, ahead of me, a great, wingless dragon curling putrid, the smoke curling from her nostrils a pale, drifting gray against the black, dining on the flesh of a unicorn.  The reek of smoke and pungent scent of blood assail my nostrils, make my golden eyes quiver in the intensity of the throb that besieges my head, one that dances in time with the blooms of anger that take hold of me at the sight.  Taking only a moment to assess what little I can, I find the region to be void of trees in a circular perimeter of some six feet, small and treacherous – just the kind of challenge I love.  My bellow breaks the air as I charge towards her glowing red figure, golden hooves flashing in the light of the afternoon as I dodge the silvery outline of willows and roots, stumbling occasionally as I approach, caring not if I twist or break something.

Desperation to avenge my fallen kin fills me (the call of my faith demanding blood from this fellow creation of the First Gods), and I heed its aching call; as soon as I believe I am within range of the monster I lunge with my blade, pulling my neck hard to the left in an attempt to slice a large wound wherever I might, refusing to inhale while in proximity of her sharp dragon stench.  Following the leftward motion of my crown with the rest of my figure, I relinquish a buck as my haunches come about, my weight balanced on splayed forelegs, hoping to knock the wind out of the scaled beast so that its flames cannot touch me.

From my face comes the spray of black fluids, a cough rattles my chest and my stance and I stagger away from the dragon wheezing, cursing my anxious leap into the fray, my lack of thought to the water logging down my lungs.

[ Spar
1/3 :: 574 words 
Timeline :: One week between
Location :: Secret Grove, a clearing that is about six feet and mostly circular.  There are roots along the ground that may cause issues.  Midafternoon with a clear sky. 
Summary :: Got it rollin' right out of the gate lol.  Rikyn is experiencing a heightened sense of smell and an accompanying headache.  Living beings are seen in infrared and the rest of the world is incredibly dark, only things in close proximity vaguely visible; he is also hallucinating that Ki'irha is a dragon. xD  Runs in like an idiot and attempts to slice open a wound with his horn, then pivots to deliver a buck (which ends in a staggering cough rather than the awesomeness he's hoping for).  Good luck! ]  

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

@Ki'irha

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
aggravated hallucination [ Rikyn vs. Ki'irha ] - by Rikyn - 09-19-2015, 01:33 PM