the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God had remained in the Flats for a few days after his arrival back in Helovia. He had watched diseases plague those around him, and was not ignorant of the cause. It had come from the Rift. Through the Rift. The God had previously assumed that the cleansing properties of his flames would keep the new inhabitants - and the Flats - unaffected by any communicable diseases which may have transferred over. Given that no one presented any new symptoms since their arrival, the deity concluded that his magic must have successfully provided a barrier.

But he was wrong. And not just about the diseases. 

As he wandered through the Flats, appearing as no more than a shimmer or halo of fiery light, he began to notice scales on the ground, as well as reptilian sheddings. There were enough new and odd inhabitants from the Rift that he thought little of it at first. But as the sheddings and scales grew to be more numerous and widely spread throughout the Flats, the God began to very much doubt whether or not it could have all come from the Riftians. There weren't that many of them - so how there be so much dead skin littering the pristine expanses of his new land?

Out of the corner of his blazing gaze, the God saw a distorted shimmer in the distance. Now, the Flats were full of such shimmers - mirages were a common sight, and on such a particularly sunny gaze, there were no shortage of odd caronas or halos to be seen.. But this? Narrowing his gaze, the God shot a bolt of pure sunlight towards the shimmer, and what happened next made his hot blood run cold.

The bolt suddenly arced away from his intended target - as if some forcefield had deflected it. As it happened, a massive body appeared briefly behind the apparent forcefield. It was a creature composed of whitish scales, the sparkled and changed as if having temporarily become distorted. Just as quickly, the scaled creature blended back into the background of the Flats.

Whatever had been leaving those scales and shedding was right before him. And it had been camouflaged in the Flats the whole time. The God grit his teeth, and without a moments hesitation fired another, hotter and brighter bolt towards the creature. However it struck nothing - not even the barrier. With a glare, he looked around hotly - in time to see the sand move him move, and feel the thud of a giant scaled tail striking his thigh. With a grunt of pain, the God took to the skies, very much doubting that the prehistoric crocodile-like creature could fly. Molten fire dripped from his flaming wings, raining hellfire down onto the camouflaged creature.

"NO." The Sun God shouted loudly. In his mind, he remembered his promise of peace - his guarantee that all would remain safe. The presence of this creature threatened the very covenant he had created with the Riftians who had followed him through.

"No? That is not for you to decide." Came a snarled reply, followed by a dark squeal of pain. As the fire touched the creatures enormous scaled back, his camo flickered and failed. Part of the creature became visible - namely his back and part of his neck. 

"We'll see." Responded the God hotly, before sending another wave of fire down onto the monstrous beast.

OH NO, SUNNY WAS WRONG. THERE'S A CROCODILE GOD WHO SLIPPED THROUGH.

You have 96 hours to respond. Please include a summary at the bottom of your post, as well as if you are Team Sun God or Team Crocodile God.

Also! Please DO NOT tag the Sun of the God account. You can just say if you mentioned him - but I don't need to be tagged!

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by God of the Sun - 09-25-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM