the Rift

[OPEN] where do i belong? [reJOINING]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

Who the hell am I?

A daughter, a sister, a friend, an heir. A blessed first born daughter of a strong lineage.

Yet that doesn't answer the question - that doesn't explain who I really am.

I don't know anymore. Somewhere along the way I lost my identity. Staring across the parched lands a sense of melancholy grasped me. Across the deep blue water was my birth home (also when and why was my place of birth suddenly A FREAKING ISLAND?!). Staring at the familiar scenery should bring warmth. I felt hot on the outside - because, y'know, desert - but that heat didn't seep through my skin. On the inside I was so cold. Shouldn't I feel something more? Like relief that I was finally back home? I guess I should however there are many things I should do. As much as I struggled to figure out these emotions tumbling around inside of me I could not pick out a single one.

Would I even be accepted back? Like a selfish, spoiled rotten brat I had run away from my own family and for what reasons? Contempt? Jealousy? Fear? Probably all of them. From a rich line I had been bred but I was not the only one. I had probably already been replaced. Actually I was fairly certain I had been. There had been no room for me before what made the present any different? I was simply one of.. I couldn't even remember.

How many of us were there? I had lost count. Lost the ability to care as my father planted his seed as often as possible. Let's see.. Me, Ivezo, Rhoa, Zero - Dear Son God. I was going to cut myself off there.

Son of a - when had I turned into such an angst and whiny teenager?

Why was I even here? Why had my wings taken me here? Seasons had ticked by as I traveled further and further away from the desert. The battle scars on my petite frame remained permanent markers of my time as an outcast. An annoyed sigh escaped my mouth. To say I was frustrated with myself would be an understatement.

"Dammit!"

At that moment I felt the whole world spin. Discomfort settled into my offbeat heart as I struggled to stay upright. Take a deep breath.. and calm the fuck down. No reason to get so worked up. Okay, okay there was plenty of reason but it was time to stop being a coward. It was time to face myself and those I had left behind.

"Mother!" I called out and for once the bitter cold thawed some. Her petite frame appeared in my mind. Gods.. how I had missed her. Maybe.. Maybe this was the right thing. Maybe I could belong here. Not just should belong here because of my heritage but could because I had the heart of the dragon in me. "I'm home!"

Was I home? Yes, no, maybe so? I've changed so much in the last few seasons. For better or for worse.. Well, looks like we'll see.

With gritted teeth and a sporadic beating heart I scanned the horizon for any familiar shapes. Standing there I suddenly felt oh so small. I was - am - supposed to be a warrior yet at this moment I felt like a delicate pansy. Exhaustion nipped at my limbs but I ignored it as I did the recent injuries I had acquired: recent wounds apparent in the sun as was the way I avoided placing weight fully on my right front hoof. Physical pain was easy to ignore. But emotional pain? Neigh impossible.

ooc;// just adopted her from wanda <3 trying to get to know her! anyone who knew her feel free to join! i have no idea what she knows and what she doesn't know

@Gaucho

Zenobia

get tangled up in me

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-10-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-11-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-11-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-11-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-11-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-12-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Zenobia - 10-12-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: where do i belong? [reJOINING] - by Gaucho - 10-19-2015, 02:58 PM