the Rift

[OPEN] Whatch me whip, whatch me neigh neigh

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I kept Shahrokh desperately close to my side, wing always draped over the young babe in attempt to prove he was safe. When I drifted away to relieve myself or stepped away for a moment to merely get a drink I took note of his unsettled look and uncontrollable trembling. The tears would start streaming not long after, and the inevitable collapse occurred. He would lay like that, helpless and sobbing like a baby bird abandoned beneath its nest, giving desperate gasps for its mother. Shahrokh was growing dependent on my presence, and I honestly was beginning to hate it. 

This deep, irrational hatred ensnared my gut and mind like vines, thorns hooking into my flesh and digging deeper every time I looked at the boy. My blood boils and hopelessness arises because whenever I look at him I think of Aurelia's promise to raise our children together. Yet she had ran away as soon as they were born and I'm sure Alala followed suit (or so I prayed, gods do I pray she and Aur were together right now). My stomach churns at the thought of laying crimson over her alabaster curves, throat knotting as I imagine how her freckles run across her ivory coat. I felt betrayed knowing that she left me. I put trust in her, I gave her everything and she ran away with my heart in her hands. And what did she leave me? Depression deeper than the sea and a child at my hip who clings like velcro. 

I wandered the Throat with Shahrokh in pursuit, his little maw grasping some of my tail as though it was a leash. We edged closer to the Oasis, my eyes dragging across the ground while my sluggish pace leaves Shah constantly bumping into my rump, his inconsistent steps leaving me more and more agitated. With a rather abrupt grunt I stop and flick my gaze upward, teeth grinding together as I eye the blue accented woman. She works with metal, molding it before my eyes into something for defense. A shield, I watch her toss it and have it return to her with little objection. My ears prick up in interest, gait quickening into a collected trot. Shahrokh gives out a startled gasp, stumbling after me, little legs struggling to carry him behind me. His breathing is left uneven and painful to hear, my heart sinking at the sounds of his difficulty. 

Watching the mare use this weapon with ease brings memory of my armour to the forefront of my mind. I blink and inhale, recalling a blur of golden berry accented with golden tresses and a for a fleeting second seeing sea green glinting under the light of dusk. I remember the crisp smell of pine, familiar but too far in the confines of my memory to grasp. With that blur went my laurel, my armor suited just for me, torn away at the edge of night. "What a fascinating item, useful for battle I would assume?" I murmur, not wanting to just stand there in silence and view her practice with the defensive article.

Shahrokh shifts his weight, stepping forward with his nose trailing along my side until we stood shoulder to shoulder. He drags the side of his face along my side until his neck was stretching up towards my head. I lean down slightly, assuming this is what he wants. It takes him a moment as he lips along my features before finding my ear, leaning back a ways before whispering. "Who is it mama?" His whisper isn't much of a whisper, sightless eyes darting around frantically as another episode threatens to overcome him. I drape my wing over him, hushing him quietly as his feeble figure begins to tremble. 

"blah blah blah." "shah goes blah blah blah." 

ooc: this was much longer than intended ahh
word count: 628

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
Whatch me whip, whatch me neigh neigh - by Ampere - 10-15-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Whatch me whip, whatch me neigh neigh - by Destry - 11-29-2015, 02:51 AM