the Rift

Let Me Be Your Shelter

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the aurelight

In his years in Helovia, Kaj had seen many things. Perhaps too many, for how world weary it made him feel, for the depression that draped around his coat to remember all he'd been through and all he'd lost. But his purpose was his people, as odd as it may sound aloud. Kaj had been a soldier all his life, and ever since he'd stepped into Helovia. He had clawed and grappled with the best to get where he stood, and had been a leader for what felt like the majority of his life. His flock was his meaning, and he would defend them with his life and all the talent and skill he possessed in his unfortunately mortal body.

That mortality had been called into question too frequently lately, especially when faced with battles that involved veritable gods. Sickened, weakened gods, perhaps, but gods in their own right. He had seen the destruction they wrought, both bodily and through diseases that struck through his coven like a windstorm. Miykael had been at the lead of them, helping to heal, and for that Kaj was grateful. He despaired to see how those sickened were forced into quarantine, kinship set aside in favor of keeping others from infection. A noble cause, but one that saddened him nonetheless. 

There was too much going on, at magnitudes he'd never foreseen, and Kaj was tired. But he was steady as a rock nonetheless, even as his loss of mobility in his left leg drew depression tight like a vice around him. When his people needed him, he would always answer, would be pillar they could lean against and count upon. Invading the Falls had been one of the hardest decisions he'd ever had to make, and some despised him for it. He would never earn their forgiveness. But who else could have made the decision? Who else would have stepped up to the plate, if not he and Archibald? They could bitch all they wanted, crying injustice, but they would never get down in the dirt when they were needed. 

Kaj only needed those who had followed him faithfully, trusting him, his brothers and sisters who had allowed him to uproot their lives completely on word and relationship alone.

So he called them, Archibald at his side, words cloying with mix of sweet and sour on his tongue, preparing speech for those who arrived. 

The sun bled through the woven trees and vines above, the lowest pond where their meetings were always held, a naturally formed gathering that seemed to exist in every herd that Kaj had ever lived in (three, considering he'd lived in the Throat while still holding Edge title, once upon a time). They gathered before him, looking upon him, and he felt Archibald's presence at his side. Comforting, familiar, even for how it still left him feeling bare and empty. Perhaps it was because of Loretta. 

"Family of the Hidden Falls," he greeted, striding forward as he spoke to signal that he was going to be beginning, voice lifted to be heard by everyone regardless of distance. "As many of you know, the eastern boundaries of Helovia have expanded by way of the Gods. Refugees have come from the other side, and wander about the lands lost and attempting to adapt. Battles have been fought and won, and with them came losses, injuries and sickness." He hadn't known those who had lost their lives, but he felt for them all the same. As he felt for every soul, for they were unique even in their relatively meaningless existences. "Our searches for the cure have been fervent, and Miykael's magic has been beneficial not only to us but to the other herds, and his efforts have not gone unnoticed. The black sickness of the lungs and orifices seems to be able to be cured by his magic, and there are rumors that any type of magic from the Moon Goddess is capable of curing that particular disease." He wasn't sure of the entire validity of that statement, but it was a start, was it not? It was unfair to Miykael for the pressure to be put upon his shoulders alone. Especially when Kaj knew how draining repetitive magic use could be.

"Miykael, your efforts and dedication have not gone unnoticed. Resplendence, Archibald and I praise you for your loyalty, and give to you the title of Earth Medic." The Aurelight's voice was warm and proud, and as if in answer, the trees rustled and the grass seemed to sweep up around Miykael's hooves, curling lovingly around his ankles as the Earth's magic transferred itself to him. Kaj had no doubt that Miykael would do the title proud, and hoped that it would take some pressure off Resplendence as well. 

"If any of you have questions or news, speak now. We are here to answer your questions, but this is a family. Any concerns are welcome to be voiced." 

- - -

Herd Meeting! You have two weeks to respond (HALLOWEEN!), and there's no structure to this meeting aside from letting Archibald post first. I really want this meeting to be fluid and move a little faster, so interact! We want this to be fun and informative, not a boring and painful requirement. Have fun!

Do you ever get that fear that you can't shift
The type that sticks around like something in your teeth?
Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Kaj - 10-18-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Archibald - 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ciceron - 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Resplendence - 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Isopia - 10-19-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ktulu - 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Imonada - 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Brisa - 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Miykael - 10-20-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Parelia - 10-22-2015, 01:17 AM