the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

the earth does not belong to man

Battles, they had said. Gods that had slipped through the veils and portals of his siblings to draw blood upon the earth, soak it with their malevolence. They had all been felled, an important but unsurprising gesture. He had seen the sickness of the Rift god he’d dealt with, strong in a realm that festered and encouraged the power of that sickness, but helpless in the clean-burned realm of Helovia. Especially against the might of his siblings in their element. It is…troubling as much as it is troublesome, and he lingers for many days after the meeting on the summit, aware of those who remain alongside him but not revealing himself. They await a battle, and he knows it, sees it in the shadows of their eyes. Hopes it does not come to that, hopes that he can give them this one gift. Or will they be forced to always look over their shoulders, wondering why this one land had not been cursed? Always waiting, always tense. The God is conflicted, awaiting the change, wondering when it all will come to pass.

As much as he waits for it, there is no time for him to prepare, to field the advance that shifts insidiously in the shadows. The beast lunges for him, forcing him to the material plane, wicked claws scoring his mighty shoulder and striking a bellow from his lungs. Twisting with the momentum, the god was thrown from the Earth’s body, twisting to land on paws too large to belong to any normal predator. Blood drips sluggishly from the wound, shallow but enough to infuriate him. A coward, a fool of a god, breaking the agreement hard-won by the Earth God. He had offered the Rift children peace and new life, had hoped to promise the Helovians that the cycle would not be continued. Yet it seemed that the gods of the Rift were too underhanded to abide by such promises and deals, desiring only destruction and useless material possessions.

A thunderous expression clouds his normally gentle face, like the sea roiling and thrashing against crumbling cliffs. “We had a deal!” he bellows, a useless expression but one that gnaws at his mind that favors equality and balance. The writhing, slinking creature only laughs, a weird echoing thing as the pair circle one another.

“Mine,” it demands in a sick twisting hiss-purr, the shadow of a female lilt. A tiger by any other name, but the black of its stripes sluggishly drip tar that stains this land he has cleansed. A further insult to the Earth God’s efforts as it boils and bubbles, simmering hotly.

“Not anymore,” he snarls, voice dropped low and hateful as his shoulder sears. His hoof slams upon the earth and it reverberates across the entire island, shaking momentarily and unsettling the tiger as massive boulders go flying across the clearing as easily as a kicked pebble. The beast hisses as she tries to weave, clipping the edge of her hip and clawing at the ground below. It gathers itself at the last moment as the boulders collapse and reform back into the earth, tar spilt across the land from the tiger’s fall. The tiger coils its hind legs, and the Earth God hardens himself in preparation. He has failed his flock, the pattern continued, but he will prove it true by defeating the beast as his siblings had. 

You have 96 hours to post. Please include a summary and what side you're on!
Tiger God has tar black stripes, and there is tar on the ground, so beware!

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by God of the Earth - 10-18-2015, 05:30 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM