the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

She had been waiting for this. Hoping, wishing that it wouldn't end up being necessary, desperately wanting to believe the words of the god. But once more her faith had ended in shambles, naive dreams of peace and stillness trampled under the paws of a giant, ferocious tiger.

It had been a couple of nice days spent in the company of her father, once the initial surprise over his presence had settled. That he worried enough about her to stalk her across the continent and defy the treacherous currents of the sea had touched the filly more than she wanted to admit. Unlike the close bond she'd had with her mother, papa Vadim was in much an unknown entity, a familiar stranger of whom she - as she had just recently realized - knew very little. Exploring these islands had been an adventure and a nice bonding experience.

Now, however, the treacherous peace had shattered like thin ice. Shouts and feral snarls drew her in like a bee to honey, and as she emerged onto the outskirts of the fighters it was with grim determination in her eyes.

Erthë had finally decided what to do if another fight started. Rather than turn her back on it or remain passive, she would fight - wanted to fight. Not because she had to, or because some god happened to be there; but rather because she loved this world they called Helovia, and she loved the people that lived in it. These foreign gods came here and wrought havoc upon her home, they killed her mother and picked on her friends and gods.

How, after all this, could she possibly be expected to sit idly by and watch them destroy everything she loved?

So she fought. Spreading her wings wide the filly let go of the ivory bow her mother had gifted her and watched it catch itself in mid air, hovering suspended at a perfect altitude. With pale eyes flashing angrily she caught the bow-string between her teeth and pulled, her nose growing colder and colder as a pale, white light blinked into existence in place of an arrow. She aimed carefully for the chest of the Tiger Goddess, sweat breaking out across her pearly neck from the effort of keeping the bow taught, and when she was quite sure that no one was in the way, she let go.

Without a sound the light flashed through the air, swift and straight; wide-eyed and with bated breath the girl reached for the bow, torn between a desire to stay and see where the shot landed and an urge to move.

She chose the latter and began to circle the outer edge of the battle, looking for another chance to shoot. It was better to keep a distance from things; last time she got too close someone died. That would not happen today, if she could prevent it.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

Contest winner - Team Earth

Erthë tries to stay out of the immediate fray but wants to fight. She uses her bow and aims for the chest of the Tiger, fires and then picks up the bow, intending to move somewhere else to avoid retaliation.

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Erthë - 10-19-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM