the Rift

a daughter's worth. [zenobia vs. gaucho]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
The Sun's rule reigned clear as the ball of fire began to peak through the darkness. Grey skies were turning a magnificent, blazing orange as dawn arrived. The lands paid homage to the beautiful masterpiece as the waters mimicked the view overhead. A fiery illusion began to take shape as the surface of the water danced with the orange hues. Soon the whole area embraced the flaming mirage. It was almost too bright: not a single cloud being presence to offer protection from the sun.

In a way it was fitting. I was here to prove my worth to my father, my family, and the patron of my herd. With nothing blocking the sun's way my lord's vision would not be obscured. As if he would watch a simple battle of a vagabond daughter seeking to prove herself in the eyes of her father. If he was gazing down it was to watch my father. Back in the Dragon's Throat already and I already felt Pa's shadow creeping up on me. Somehow, someway I had to make a name for myself. One that wasn't simply "Zenobia the First Born of Gaucho the Wildfire." Not to mention that would be an incredibly long title to give out.

My petite frame near shook with anticipation. Cloaked in a thick bear's hide I stood waiting. My preparations were done. I remained invisible to the eye as I had discovered, upon touching a clasp on the newly acquired set of armor, it was enchanted with magical properties. Properties that shielded the wearer from watchful eyes.

Naturally I wasn't completely absent from the world: it was not as if I had turned into a ghost. I could still be felt, heard, and smelled in proper conditions. To mask my exact location I had arrived to the battlefield early, before the sun even rose. If one entered they would smell the scent of Zenobia on practically everything, which was reasonable considering I did my best to make sure my trail wrapped around this way and that.

With bated breath I waited on the soft white sands of the flats. At any moment he could arrive and my muscles knew this. They were as tensed as a coil ready to spring at any moment. It was a risky maneuver as stealth was not my strong suit. I was a warrior yet here I was hiding from plain sight. I wondered if he would frown upon this discovery. As a warrior I should be facing things head on, but I also knew that strategy was a key ingredient.

I was no longer a foolish young child. If I flew directly at Gaucho the Wildfire I would be swatted away like an annoying insect. Legend spoke of how he was undefeated in battle and I believed that to be the truth. My father was like no other warrior I had faced. Any advantage, even if it was fit more for a conniving weasel, was welcomed with open arms. I was not expecting to win. Honestly, my defeat was quickly approaching. However I swore that I would prove myself to him and that is what I planned to do. I would match him blow for blow and keep fighting until my legs buckled beneath my battered body.

The waking song of birds filled my ears and I knew he would descend upon this land soon. He had said we would battle in the morning and I knew him to be punctual. In fact, I feared he might already be here. It was a possibility. While I had thoroughly checked the surroundings there was no telling if he had seen the way the water moved when my wings beat over them as I was prepping the stage. All I could do was trust in myself and the fighting prowess I knew I carried. The Gods may have built me from the mold of my mother but my heart blazed with the undying fire of a warrior.

Silently and motionlessly I waited on the northern border of the lands. Come, Ave. Let me prove to you my worth and show you how much I've grown. At the end of the day I just wanted to make him proud. While this match met much to my honor and pride as a warrior, seeing him smile at me would also be a favorable outcome. After so many seasons of wandering I wished to take my place back at his side so that I may protect my big, growing family.

Let's do this.

"Speech."

attack 0/3
summary having arrived far earlier than the sun, zenobia prepped the battle stage whilst invisible in her new enchanted armor. she brushed across the land so that her scent may linger in as many places as possible before positioning herself on the northern borders of the land, trying to keep as quiet and motionless as possible. hopes to either ambush her father or trick him with this setup.
ooc this is also set to be a training spar for me <3
tags @Gaucho

Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
a daughter's worth. [zenobia vs. gaucho] - by Zenobia - 10-19-2015, 01:34 AM