the Rift

[OPEN] Now Or Never

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
The fight was over, the war had been won. Helovians and Rifters had joined forces together to take down the demented, sickly 'gods' that had tormented our homelands and ravaged the souls and bodies of their people. I had never thought of myself as 'sickly' or 'infected' by the tainted ways of our ancients, although when I stood beside considerably plainer looking Helovians, the differences were striking. Because of our differences alone, along with the natural distrust they held for those that had crossed into the Rift, I had limited my contact with Helovians for the most part. Save for one, Ranjiri. At every battle of the gods, she had displayed the utmost loyalty to Helovia and her Gods, throwing herself into the realms of battle without fear. It was a refreshing sight, to see a mare so dedicated to her morals, even it was out of stubbornness. There was a time or two that I had believed it would have been better for her to sit out on the sidelines, yet she had proven me wrong time and time again since the first time we had met.

Hell, even us meeting had been...Less than conventional. But we had shown each other respect, each wary of the others intentions yet putting aside our differences and trusting in each other. I wasn't so sure of how her Sultana had felt about me, when I had followed to express my gratitude for their participation against the ancient Bear God. Yet, the golden and black mare had yet to express any sort of distaste for my company. And now that the battles were over, the last of our ancient Rift gods destroyed, I was only unsure for a moment of where I should turn from here.  Ranjiri had spoken of a land...The Dragon's Throat. It was her home, full of warriors that had participated in the battles and proven their worth. For a former Captain of the Guards, disgraced and shamed for his attempt to free his people, it seemed like the perfect place for me to seek a fresh start. I would accept any retribution that they ordered against me, knowing I deserved every last bit of it for the innocent lives that I had unintentionally brought to an end.

So, after asking for some guidance from a stranger for the location of the Dragon's Throat, I found myself soaring across the skies to the west. I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for, relying on the hope that I would know it when I saw it. So, I stuck to the beaches of the mainland, golden orbs scanning the ocean's horizon for any sign of the island. Sure enough, a distant, non-moving mass gave away the location of the Dragon's Throat. Rather than changing course and heading straight for the island, I dipped my wings and slowly guided back down to the mainland. Gingerly, I limped on my left foreleg, the raw wounds of fresh burns from the flaming tar oozing with pus, despite the additional protection of my dragon scales.

Tucking my battered wings against my barrel, I turned to face the direction of the island that I had hoped I would be welcomed into. Perhaps, with the additional voucher of the ebony and gold mare, I would be granted access. Until then, I waited patiently to be noticed. The last thing I needed was for the herd to think I was trying to invade their home and spread my 'diseased magic' all around. As far as I knew, I was not a contagious being, and the last God of Helovia seemed to have relieved all the souls of the illnesses that had haunted them. Perhaps, with some luck, they would not be too distrusting. Not to say that I could not blame them, but after all...It was their Gods that brought us here in the first place.

OOC: Thantos is seeking to join the Throat. Open to anyone!  @Ranjiri

Messages In This Thread
Now Or Never - by Thantos - 10-28-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Ranjiri - 10-29-2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Now Or Never - by Nephele - 10-29-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Thantos - 11-03-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Ranjiri - 11-06-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Amani - 11-09-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Official - 12-20-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Now Or Never - by Thantos - 12-25-2015, 12:20 AM