the Rift

[JUDGED] I'll Show You Fine [Ashamin v. Mortuus Nox]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

What came next from the scourge's lips shocked the haruspex. Perhaps Mortuus' eyes were sharper than the haruspex had known, perhaps they could pierce through the gloom and find the truth in much darker hearts than the Haruspex's--perhaps they were accustomed to a sort of interrogation Ashamin didn't know.

Perhaps the seer should have recognized in that astuteness some potential--something that could be honed, shaped, created into an acolyte. Mortuus was a diverse soul, one who had started as a warrior and become a healer. Who was to say he couldn't be a priest, too? Ashamin himself was one who carried one rank while performing the duties of another. That was what made him what he was: the warrior haruspex, the one with the fight in his soul and battle in his every move.

But what about Mortuus? How much combat remained in his troubled heart?

The haruspex snorted and pushed past the dual-horned shade, moving roughly and without sympathy. He was not in the mood to be interrogated, not in the mood to be badgered about his damn feelings. Ashamin could be a strong, cold brute just as much as Mortuus could. While Mortuus was progressing, learning about feeling, Ashamin was locking up. How dare the dark one try and break down his walls?

"As far as you're concerned, Mortuus, I am fine. I resent the implication that you find me to be a liar. But if you don't believe me, then how about a wager?" The painted buck moved closer to the entrance of his cave, narrowed his eyes in frustration, and looked back at Mortuus before stepping out into the night.

"Take me on in a spar, Mortuus. If you win, I'll tell you what fine means to me. And if you don't, you'll leave this tired haruspex be."

Lochan bounded after his bonded, excited for what was to come. At last, he would get to stretch his legs and fight alongside the haruspex. Dark mists floated around him, spreading from the buds of his antlers. Someday they would grow up and out, grow strong. Someday the cerndyr would fight with them and win his own battles. But for now, he was content to follow the haruspex and stick to his side.

Ashamin wandered farther from his cave, closer to the lakeshore, and kicked some frost at the ruby-eyed scorpion as he went. "MORTUUS!" he called once more. The last time, the last warning, the last call. Mortuus would fight him, or Mortuus would leave.

""
there is a design,
an alignment to cry of my heart
to see the beauty of love
AS IT WAS M A D E TO BE
image credits

WC: 418/800
PC: 0/3, 0/1
Timeline: Two weeks
Setting: Late and warm Tallsun night in the Aurora Basin. The Aurora can be seen above. Between the lakeshore and the entrance to the Haruspex's cave.
Injuries: None
Note: This is an OOC teaching spar continued directly from this thread, hence it being in Tallsun Now that we're alone, I guess. Go ahead and make the first move if you want, Dressy! I'll PM you notes about your closing defense if you start it off.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
I'll Show You Fine [Ashamin v. Mortuus Nox] - by Ashamin - 01-03-2016, 11:11 AM