the Rift

[PRIVATE] the faces of trouble --

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
"I'll let them know what bad means."
I earned myself a good beating last time I ran away, leaving me with a severe bite against my withers, crusted blood caking over the wound. It was much harsher than the nick on my cheek, this one would be a more apparent scar, something that both Mother and I would have to look upon and live with. I didn't mind that it hurt, I had known the seriousness of my punishment when I'd left her side, Sabre and I were equally knowledgeable of what we would have to face upon returning to Mother, guilty but elated at the exhilaration of running so freely. She strictly scolded us, and I kept a stoic expression throughout, feeling the weight of mother's disappointment weighing me down. 

Today I abandoned her and Sabre with hesitance, already feeling the rabid teeth that would meet my skin when I come crawling back to Mother. She wouldn't be happy that I'd gotten away, and I only had a short time before she took notice of my absence and hunted me down. I don't think Sabre noticed either, and that natural need to protect my sibling is what drove me to try and get away when  she wasn't looking. I didn't want her getting punished by Mother, not when I was the one who led her astray, as it happened last time too. This time around I didn't want her to follow me, for that reason but also because I wanted to explore alone, to know what silence was like while I wandered alone. 

Perhaps it hadn't been my best decision, as I stumble upon a sandy flat, water pooling in various places to create reflective surfaces all along the coast. Cotton candy pools widen, two curious ears springing forward as I see the horizon meld into the faded blue of the sky, no line differentiating earth from sky. My steps are light, cautious around the flat puddles that have settled in multitudes of places, a curious set up for the land. There's no shelter, no trees nor grass for nutrition or shade, an open expanse that seems to just go on and on until it collides with the sky. 

I step into one of the pools, hoof creating a ripple before the water settles back around the ivory streaked appendage. I watch closely in the way the ripples grow outwards, expanding from my hoof until crashing with the edges of the small puddle or dissipating from lack of power. This exciting new discovery leads me to lift my hoof again, bringing it down and watching droplets scatter, this time making the ripples bigger and faster, abruptly ending at the edge where earth meets water. This appealing reaction from the water is enough to keep me entertained, watching my reflection distort with each stomp and shake of my foot, I was kept busy with watching the way it moved. 

"Talk."
kid
the boy bandit king
image credits

@Zhu

Messages In This Thread
the faces of trouble -- - by Kid - 01-13-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: the faces of trouble -- - by smitty - 02-27-2016, 07:51 AM
RE: the faces of trouble -- - by Zhu - 03-07-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: the faces of trouble -- - by Kid - 03-07-2016, 11:51 PM
RE: the faces of trouble -- - by Zhu - 04-01-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: the faces of trouble -- - by Kid - 04-01-2016, 11:45 PM