the Rift

[OPEN] Falling Awake

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
'cause though the truth may vary
this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

So there I was, minding my own business, when the world decided to shift around me again. At least, this time, the world started to shift slowly at first. The mare that approached me wasn’t coloured by a rainbow hue like so many of the other Helovians - she was a peaceful and beautiful paint, white and brown and with a friendly smile too. I warm instantly to the idea of company - standing up so that I could properly greet her - and even opening my mouth to respond to her kind words when a… I don’t know, a winged lizard landed on her back. I startle but I (thankfully) don’t even shriek. I must admit that I missed what else she might have said, which was unfortunate because she was introducing herself and her lizard-thing, because I was too busy staring at the creature.

My manners just completely went out the window!

I don’t get a lot of time to ask the mare if she knew that there was a lizard on her back because we were approached by… well I guess it must be someone but my first instinct was to say ‘something’ instead. That world shifting? It was collapsing beneath my feet because there was a winged horse landing and coming towards us.  “Holy shit are you seeing this?!” I ask of Isi (ah yes that was her name), gesturing to the creature that was approaching.

It was odd enough seeing someone without horns, but I had seen it happen before. My own forelock covered the little nibs of horns and many of those in my old herd had been the same way - but everyone had at least had some sort of set of antlers. And not once had there ever been someone with wings.

I’m afraid those golden eyes of mine are widened in complete surprise in awe when he walks right over to us, just like nothing is weird about this situation whatsoever. I just barely manage to catch his introduction too (great job, Elspeth, you’re really making an impression) because I’m distracted by, well, a lot. I’m trying not to stare at his wings as I repeat the word he asked about.

“Dragon.” My voice is unbelieving, and why not? Dragons existed in fairytales along with winged horses and purple horses. They were huge, fearsome things - how could there be one here and we didn’t see it?

But then my eyes drift back to Isi and Adella and I look at this dragon as though I had not just been staring at it a moment before. “There’s a such thing as dragons?!”

Elspeth

image by Kiki <3

@Isi and @Graasvoel so sorry it took so long guys! <3

Messages In This Thread
Falling Awake - by Elspeth - 02-15-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Falling Awake - by Isi - 03-18-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: Falling Awake - by Graasvoel - 03-18-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: Falling Awake - by Elspeth - 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM