the Rift

[OPEN] Do you see time there?

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.

I’d looked for a while into the forests of the Moon before deciding to carry onwards, deciding that it was perhaps best to not disturb the seeming serenity of their borders with a summons for a father who had, about a year ago, welcomed me back already.  Maybe it was because I was embarrassed to have left again – but there was a deeper truth resonating in my chest as I looked into the shadow between the trees, that truth being that, by seeing dad, I’d probably have to tell him that mother was not coming back to Helovia, and, worse than that, why.  It meant I'd have to feel all the things I'd managed to shove away with Demothi on the beach, and, to state it delicately: Fuck.  That.

So I kept walking, and have found the meadow that makes me think of Aithniel as night steals the last red light from the horizon and the world becomes one of shadows and the silver glare of the partial moon and stars blinking in the heavens above.  The withered flowers peering from the veneer of snow are capped with quicksilver, the moon low on the horizon, still seemingly larger than it will be later in the evening, spilling so much light across the meadow that the white earth gleams like a ribbon.

Held in this ribbon are the divots of my hooves, and the course I will continue to follow.  The idea I’d held that I might travel north is one that seems to fade as I leave the last known location of my sire in my dust, figuring that, if fate is to have us reunite, that Erebos will cross my path out here, while I wander.  He, as myself, is an adventurer, a traveler of boundaries and wild lands – surely he won’t hole himself up in the Basin like his hermetic sire, and that surely means that, one day (and soon!) we will again cross paths.

Ahead, the vision of the delta becomes the living sound of water, not yet tamed by the chill of the season, procuring a silent thanks to the Earth and Moon that the winter was serene – mostly because I was out here in it, without the promise of a cavern and fire as was usually present in the Basin, some small part of me believing (arrogantly) that Frostfall was calm simply because I was wandering in her wilds.

It’s with this brazen belief that I pause before the chilly water, the slushy snow along the border of where the earth became river smushing into brown murk beneath a golden hoof as my lips lower and tenderly breech the surface of the frigid flow.  Uninvited, a shiver steals along the length of me, and when I’ve forced down a few swallows of the unpleasantly cold water I allow my head to jut upwards and shudder its way into a full fledged shake, crystalline droplets breaking across the surface of the snow from their prior place along my black nose.  

@Rhiannon
[ OOC: Starter post is awkwarding. ]

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Do you see time there? - by Rikyn - 02-17-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Do you see time there? - by Rhiannon - 02-21-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Do you see time there? - by Rikyn - 02-22-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: Do you see time there? - by Rhiannon - 02-22-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Do you see time there? - by Rikyn - 02-23-2016, 12:56 PM