the Rift

the thieving hour [ Elsa vs. Rikyn Spar ]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

I’m probably a bit too close to these borders for the comfort of its denizens – but who cares.  Youth allows me a certain amplified bravery that tempts me into all sorts of situations I shouldn’t be in, like sneaking around outside the Moon’s wood in the depth of night. 

I’m not sure why I’m here, even, other than that I’m curious and also of the thought that I’d like to continue avoiding my family and friends for a while.  Besides, if what I’ve learned of faith is to be trusted, I’ll find them when I’m supposed to.  Until then, I’m going to nose about the place that Uncle Torleik left the Basin to be King of, and where my father is supposed to be (at least as I was last told).  The place where my mother was born, and where the unicorn sovereignty of Helovia had first taken foothold under the name of the Plague, the Frostheart, and his Lady Psyche – a place that was stolen from them, forcing their numbers into the mountains, where slowly their resolve had decayed into the abysmal state I’d found it last.

So I’m here, testing theories that the Moon cursed them all when they were ousted, wondering if, by reclaiming this misty (and oddly serene) woodland, the unicorn might again feel their hooves marching towards victory, rather than churning beneath them uselessly.  So interested in spying through the dark trees am I that I miss the fact that I’ve crossed through the last remnants of what had been a glass wall – and when I do notice, I find I don’t really give a damn, and continue prowling inwards as if I am the most stealthy of the sneaks. 

I’ve heard it said the curiosity killed the colt, but honestly, what’s the worst that can happen?  Even if someone decides to intervene, I’ll just quickly explain that I am the Engineer’s son, and all will be forgiven…

Right?

0/3 : 273 words
General Spar

[ OOC: And cue Elsa and the irony of her arrival. xD ]

[ Setting: Along the borders of the Edge, not very far in past the wall.  Light snow fall and heavy leaf cover, with a slight chill to the air and no wind.  Set just after midnight, in the thieving hour!  He is attempting to be sneaky, but has had very little practice at this and will be making pretty obvious mistakes.  ]

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
the thieving hour [ Elsa vs. Rikyn Spar ] - by Rikyn - 03-10-2016, 12:51 PM