the Rift

A WINDING, WEAVING FATE

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

Destiny is fun.

It pulls you places, again and again, like I was lured away in my childhood, a nobody off to find his path in the great big world. It drags you across the surface of the realms and leads you precisely where you are supposed to be. It is the same as Faith, as the belief that you will always be and always have that which is meant for you.

I struggle with these concepts, like all who are young. I swim against the current, and am blind to the truth that the current owns us, even though I’ve been told these things more than once, standing in the tall, cool cavern of the ancient mountain, gazing at the reflections of those long dead in the surface of that strange, bottomless pool.

But Fate, Destiny, Faith…

They take me where they will, regardless.

I think I’m just continuing in my adventures, the life of a wild boy who answers to no one but himself. I go where I want, taking what I please, and each time I rest, I rest in a new place, awakening to new things. Sure, the lack of healers out here kind of sucks, my scars gathering one after the other without Lena and her songs, or Enna’s gentle touch, but no man is worthy of such a title if he doesn’t boast some sort of decoration for his efforts. Besides, I think they look kind of cool – it’s mostly the itchy part I can’t stand, and the fact that one of the shuriken wounds Elsa gave me is particularly… sticky.

The tall, behemoth pines are never barren, this wood, as well as the Dark Forest, being one of the few in Helovia (aside from those of my youth) that maintains some semblance of cool, serene shadow so common throughout Tallsun. It’s also a place I’ve gotten used to running into others, and so they both pair wonderfully for my set task this season – to not get caught by bitchy doves in the Moon’s wood the next time I come.

There is no wonder she caught me, now that I’m not playing at thief and actually trying to be one, my ears listening for my own movements in the brush and across the powder laced earth. I carelessly place my feet, I carelessly pass branches…

Who is that?

I stop quite suddenly, ears lifting and golden eyes searching through the dim light to find an equally abysmally toned hellion (what’s up gargantuan?) lingering not very far. Further inspection reveals the dark line of what seems to be a horn, and, not having had the company of one of my own kind in a long while, I decide to approach him.

"Hey," I say within earshot, taking in the peculiar arrangement of marks along his coat, figuring by the lines of his face that he’s quite a bit older than I am, but not really old, either (and is thereby good enough a companion for the evening, if you ask me), "you new around here?"

I stop some distance from him, something about the way he’s so quietly standing there leaving me with the impression that he may not be all rainbows like a lot of the ninnies you can run into out here in this forest. While not really intimidated by him, I certainly am not up to a fight, either, still wearing so many marks from my... mishap in the Edge.

[ OOC: I hope you don't mind? :3 ]

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Raistlyn - 03-14-2016, 01:25 AM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Rikyn - 03-14-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Alysanne - 03-14-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Ki'irha - 03-14-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Tangere - 03-14-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Essetia - 03-14-2016, 11:23 PM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Raistlyn - 03-16-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Rikyn - 03-17-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Alysanne - 03-19-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Tangere - 03-24-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: A WINDING, WEAVING FATE - by Ki'irha - 03-27-2016, 07:00 PM