the Rift

[OPEN] i solemnly swear that i am up to no good

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

She has found something dead.

She thinks it is - was - a deer fawn. It is clean and unwounded, which means it must have died of natural causes rather then predation, and its flesh is devoid of the marks of scavengers, proof that it is fresh.

Ker immediately hops down from the filly's withers and begins to peck at the corpse. Oizys pins her ears, hisses, chases the eaglet out of the way. The chick screeches, indignant, baffled, her little mind full of ??? - why would her bonded prevent her feasting? Because I want to look at it first. Then you can eat. Contented - if a little irritated - at this answer, Ker retreats to hover by the filly's lightly feathered hooves, peering hungrily at the carcass.

Oizys begins to cut. She uses her horns to open the fawn's abdomen, and her dextrous lips to pull out the innards. She examines each one with the scrutinous, impassive gaze of a seasoned killer, not the delicate wariness of a girl a couple of weeks old. Each organ is given a name - whether it's the correct name, she does not know. She only knows that this is research, and her instincts tell her that whatever is in this fawn is in her, too.

She pays particular attention to the heart. Does her heart look like that, or is it rotten and withered with the Thing that gives her the Cough? Does she even have a heart?

One she's examined everything, once the fawn is a naked husk with its innards glistening on the grass beside it, Oizys steps back and eyes her eagle. "Now you may eat." With a joyous caw, Ker pounces happily onto the corpse and begins to gobble at the steaming entrails, whilst Oizys hangs back and muses on her findings.

image credits

@Kid

Messages In This Thread
i solemnly swear that i am up to no good - by Oizys - 03-16-2016, 05:23 PM