the Rift

[OPEN] and the thoughtful won't think

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

It took me longer than it should have to realize she was following me, mostly because I was so caught up in my thoughts.

I feel very little guilt for having taken out my feelings on her, dwelling instead on the empty ache that has filled my chest in the time it has taken me to reach the outskirts of the Rotunda’s quiet, serene wood.  I had been minding my own business, content to pant and seethe alone on the beach – a fate I had assigned myself when I’d decided not to return to the Basin, or to seek my father in the Edge.  It wasn’t until she decided to interrupt that solitude and reaffirm that loneliness that things had gone badly, and it wasn’t my fault at all that she was such a bitch.  Who does something like that, anyway?

“Oh, hi, I see you are upset.  I’m going to show up to leave, and show you just how little anyone really cares at all.  Have a great day dwelling alone in your self pity!”

How could she be surprised when I tried to bite her head off?  It wasn’t like she and I had ever had a conversation that didn’t entail shouting, arguing, or her stomping hobbling off like a pretentious turkey, and I certainly wasn’t going to let her rub salt in my wounds.  

Besides, the fight had been a nice distraction from the swirling sound of Aithniel’s voice and laughter chasing me through the wind.  Now, I’m left alone with it again, and this time, her ghost is accompanied with the spirit of all my failings, and the hollow drone of a heart that has been temporarily shut off.

So, when I at last notice the shadow of stupid, selfish, ugly Erthë dancing on the swaying grasses of the meadow, the peace of my forest so close by, I can’t help but snarl and stop to glare up at her; whatever hope lay in me that it was just some other unfortunate moron drops hard into my gut as the white of her skin is illuminated by the afternoon sun.  Whatever happened to just wanting to go back home?  I really don’t feel up to hearing about how horrible I am again.

Can’t she just leave well enough alone?

Of course not – she’s a woman.  

"The Edge is that way," I grumpily half shout at the sky, pointing roughly at the Moon’s wood with my horn – though I think we both are well aware that she knows that.

[ OOC:  A continuation from the hidden won't hide

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

@Erthe

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-11-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 04-11-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-11-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 04-11-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-11-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 04-28-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-29-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 04-29-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 05-05-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 05-22-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 06-07-2016, 11:05 AM